What are our technical accomplishments for this quarter?

@dkayiwa, @raff, @darius, @wyclif @burke et. al.

I’m putting together notes for the upcoming OpenMRS town hall session (14th Sept). One of the updates would be on the state of technical progress, so the question is, what key milestones / releases have we achieved/are working on?

Of course, we have platform 2.0 release thanks to @maany.

Are there other accomplishments, such as integration of source code from Bahmni efforts etc. that deserves mention? Looking at the technical roadmap, I see the following efforts underway-

Reference Application 2.5 (September 2016) Platform 2.1 (2017) (manager TBD)

I think the accomplishments have been the platform 2.0 and the RA 2.4 releases, not sure if the case reporting work is worth mentioning. And Oh! I think Rafa and the Soldevelo team have made some huge improvements with the SDK, you could mention that too.

1 Like

I think the top technical accomplishments to highlight are the Platform 2.0 release, the Reference Application 2.4 release, and the multiple releases of the SDK, which are doing a great job at revolutionizing ease of development on the OpenMRS platform.

Other repos that have had a lot of activity over the last 90 days are the Radiology Module and openmrs-contrib-id-user-management-dashboard.

For Bahmni, I would highlight that we had our first “community” implementation of the Bahmni Distribution (without ThoughtWorks’s involvement) by PIH, in Sierra Leone. And we saw a neat example of code written for a Bahmni implementation get incorporated into the Data Integrity module here https://talk.openmrs.org/t/data-quality-dashboard/7286/17?u=darius.

-Darius

1 Like

I’d also mention the release of Concepts Open Web App, which is the first production ready Open Web App for OpenMRS.

We’ve also released the UI Commons js library of reusable Angular components for building Open Web Apps.

Lastly QA improvements. We delivered over 30 automated UI tests, which cover most of the functionality of Reference Application. The new test setup allows other open-source distributions based on Reference Application to run UI tests for free using Travis-CI and Saucelabs.

All this work was possible thanks to the team working with me from Soldevelo!

2 Likes