Welcome! Please introduce yourself.

intro
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f23de749718>

(Juliet Wamalwa) #1610

Welcome to the community we look forward for your contribution.

(Irene Nyakate) #1611

@felixharnstrom you are very much welcome to the OpenMRS community, please may you use this link so that you see how to start contributing to the community https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

(Sammy Ukavi) #1612

Hi Everyone,

I’m Sammy, a software architect based in Nairobi Kenya. I was excited to learn about OpenMRS a couple of months back while working with a team called Banda Health in Nairobi. I’m opened and looking forward to learning more about OpenMRS.

Thanks!

(Milan Karunarathne) #1613

Hi @sukavi,

You are welcome to the Community! Please look through the link for mere guidance as a developer. (Sometimes you were already visited :grinning:) https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

You can interact with the community on IRC and OpenMRS Talk.

We are looking forward your contribution.

Thanks!

(Gurpreet Singh) #1614

Hi everyone! I’m Gurpreet, I live in New Delhi, India and am an Android Software Engineer. I got to know about OpenMRS via a friend and wanted to contribute to the cause, which is the reason I’m here. Looking forward to being of help and meeting great people from across the world! Kudos.

(Irene Nyakate) #1615

Hello @gurpreetsk95, you are welcome to the OpenMRS community, we are happy to have you here. Please look through this link and find how to get started contributing to the OpenMRS community. https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer .

You can also interact with the OpenMRS community on Chat and Talk.

We look forward to your contribution to the World Wide OpenMRS community.

Welcome! :slight_smile:

(Angelo Agossou Yao) #1616

Hello to OpenMRS community,

I’m Angelo from Benin (french speaking country in west africa). I got exposed to the open source community through the use of OMICs technology during my PhD in biochemistry in germany. I discover OpenMRS while I was struggling to implement a patient records database for a small community. OpenMRS appears to me as the best way to avoid re-creating the wheel. Unfortunately, OpenMRS does not exist in french and I would like to contribute to all efforts to make it available to the french community as weel.

I am ready and excited about any usefull contribution I could make to the work of the community.

Cheers,

Angelo

(Milan Karunarathne) #1617

Hi @dar01,

You’re warmly welcome to the community!

We look forward to your contribution to the community.

Thanks!

(Ellen Ball) #1618

@dar01 Welcome to the community. OpenMRS is available in French and other languages. We use French (and Kreyol) for our implementations in Haiti. Change your locale to French and you can see what’s already translated. You can contribute to translating the rest.

Ellen

(Angelo Agossou Yao) #1619

@ball thanks for the reply. Good to know that, there is already an ongoing french translation work. I have joined the french group on transifex. Is it there anything else I should be are of about this translation work?

Angelo

(Kimberley Manning) #1620

Hi everyone! I first heard of OpenMRS at a conference earlier this year where @cintiadr spoke very passionately about it and I’m really excited to have more time in my life now to get involved (had a very packed start to the year)! I work in devops in my day job but I’m looking forward to finding the best way to contribute - happy to do dev, infrastructure, helpdesk or even translation (German) :slight_smile:

(Hadijah Kyampeire) #1621

Hello people, I am Hadijah Kyampeire, I am a software developer at Andela Uganda, I finished a Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering last year. I have been working on a React Javascript app for the past month and a half in Andela. I am super excited to be part of this team and I am looking forward to learn from and contribute to this project.

Thanks

(Juliet Wamalwa) #1622

Welcome to openmrs community kindly follow this link to get started https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer .

(Milan Karunarathne) #1623

Hi @kimberleymanning,

You’re welcome to the OpenMRS community!:grinning:

Thanks!

(christopher kalule) #1624

Hey People, Christopher Kalule is my name, a developer at Andela Kenya and I am glad to join OpenMRS community and hope to make OpenMRS product a better product.:smiley:

(Milan Karunarathne) #1625

HI @christopherkala,

You are welcome to the OpemMRS Community! Please follow the link as a developer. https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

You can discuss your contribution and ideas with the community on OpenMRS Talk and IRC channel.

Looking forward your contribution. :smiley:

Welcome! :grinning:

(Jan Flowers) #1626

@kimberleymanning Welcome! We definitely could always use help with the infrastructure team and with helpdesk. @burke how does she get added to the infrastructure team chat and tasks?

(Shakira Ndagire Seruwagi) #1627

Hallo Team, I am Shakira Ndagire, a software developer at Andela Uganda. I am glad to join the OpenMRS team and to contribute to the revolutionary product that is saving lives and improving the health sector. Looking forward to working with you all. :smile:

(Milan Karunarathne) #1628

Hi @shakira210791,

You’re warmly welcome to the OpenMRS community! As a developer, please follow the link for beginning your community contributions for the development. https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

You can discuss ideas with the community on OpemMRS Talk and IRC. You can participate our discussions and meetings also.

Looking forward your contribution.

Thanks!

(Cintia Del Rio) #1629

@kimberleymanning I’m glad you liked my talk :smiley:

Our infra team is always in need of more people! :smiley: We have terraform, ansible and docker, it’s getting super cool :smiley:

There’s no lack of work, but we really need more people used to devops/SRE.

Just PM me, and I can start showing you the ropes!