Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hello everyone, I am Ayush Goyal from IIT Kharagpur, India. I am working on the android client and fixed some of the bugs related to it. I want to know more how the web client communicates with the server to implement more features on the android client.

1 Like

Hello,

my name is Angelito Destin and i’m currently studying software development at Worcester State University. I got involved in OpenMRS because of my Software development capstone that i’m taking this semester(Spring 2017). I can wait to contribute to OpenMRS and i’m also excited to work on AMPATH as well

@kwurst @jdick

2 Likes

Hi @cioan

Thanks for the information. I clicked on the link you sent me, but I was told to contact the administration before I can login. Are you able to give me access to login in? I would appreciate that.

I also want to ask you to do me a favor. I am a biomedical Informatics major and my goal is to work with international organization to implement systems like the one you are implementing in Liberia to help sub-urban communities have at least little access to their medical records. I would therefore like to intern with your organization so I can get the onsite experience on how you people navigate through the internet and other cost constraints to implement those systems in those local areas. My university email is gkarway@asu.edu, and my personal email is gkarway03■■■■■■■■■■. Please let me know the process that I need to follow to get connected with your organization.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

George Karway

Hi, my name is George. I’m interested in contributing to this project!

1 Like

Hello everyone. I’m Daniel Onodje a software developer from Nigeria. I’m very pleased to meet you all. :grin:

1 Like

Hello,

My name is Paul and I am just getting started with using OpenMRS and exploring the options

2 Likes

Hey @georgetye , welcome to the OpenMRS community. :slight_smile:

To get started contributing, you could check out the Getting Started As A Developer Guide. It contains all the steps you would follow to become familiar with OpenMRS and start working. Feel free to ask any questions you have IRC or Telegram. Looking forward to seeing your contributions. :grinning:

1 Like

Hey !

I am Shrut Patel, a second year undergraduate pursuing Computer Science at BITS Pilani. This year I am hoping to contribute to OpenMRS as my GSoC 2017 project. I have done minimal open source development but I hope I’ll be able to learn along my way in this community. Coding as well as sports interest me.

Shrut

Hey @zkarway, welcome to the OpenMRS community. :slight_smile:

I don’t quite believe we have an onsite location/headquarters where you can intern at but I’d suggest you create a separate topic on Talk explaining your situation and detailing all your concerns. That would be the best way to receive immediate help from many members of the community. Lots of your questions can be answered by browsing through the wiki or by asking on Talk. Communication can also be done through IRC or Telegram so you could ask any questions you have there and talk with community members.

1 Like

Dear all, I’m an professor at California State University Long Beach (web.csulb.edu/~bpenzens/) and am teaching a course on requirements engineering this semester where I am integrating some assignments on open source software development. Because of my personal interest in HFOSS and your great set-up and way of running the project, I chose OpenMRS as example to work on with my students. I was wondering whether you (as developer community) were generally interested in requirements specifications for OpenMRS. Would you have a point of contact for me who we may chat with when questions come up and also to see how our work could be beneficial to you (e.g., re-engineering a requirements specification from existing documentation). Looking forward to more involvement here! Have a great day everyone, Birgit

1 Like

Hello everyone! I’m Cory Carpenter, a senior student at the College of Charleston in South Carolina. I take great interest in astronomy, game development, and foreign cultures. It was actually my interest in foreign cultures that initially attracted me to OpenMRS with the chance to develop software that is able to be used across the globe in many different societies all with the same goal of making medical care better for everyone.

I am in a group of two other members who chose to work on OpenMRS as our project in our software engineering practicum course. We actually have two more groups who chose OpenMRS in our class which allows for great collaboration as we are all excited to work on the project. This will provide us a great opportunity to get some real world programming experience working on a large project where we can actually make a difference and hopefully help more people along the way. The community here seems great, and I’ll be sure to ask for help should something come up.

2 Likes

Good morning,

I am a GP in the UK interested in using openMRS for our catholic diocesan pilgrimage to Lourdes. We take 200 sick and 2-400 volunteers by air to Lourdes each summer. We have pilgrims with complex medical and nursing issues that need logging. We need to analyse the data to help them through the airport, coordinate wheelchairs, helpers, nursing visits, etc. We have four doctors, 8 nurses (approx) plus key admin staff each with different needs for data.

I want to see if I can create a model of data that would fit on our laptops in the UK and in our smart phones for the 7 hectic days in France.

Hello everyone!! I am Nikhil Meena, an undergraduate student at the Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT-BHU), Varanasi, India. I am completely new to open source software but what I have seen after foraying into this new world is the selfless and passionate dedication that all these communities have in common and it just amazes me. An entire community believes in an idea that will help society, whether by reaching out to help the less privileged or by building tools to promote digital education or by building better tools for better research. I feel extremely happy seeing what OpenMRS has achieved and am delighted to be a part of this community. I will strive hard to help this organisation as best as I can.

1 Like

I am Shravan, i am a java/j2ee architect interested in spring framework , no sql databases, SPA UI frameworks and micro service architecture. I work on health care domain with the desire to contribute towards improving and making health care available to common man irrespective of there economic status. Recently got to know about open MRS community and now joining the community to contribute my one cent.

Welcome @twinkleflip and there is alot you can do. The links have some information for you . http://write.flossmanuals.net/openmrs-developers-guide/collaboration-tools/ http://openmrs.org/join-the-community/connect/

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome @ddmaker. Yes, I’ve been reading through the resources and thanks for the additional pointers. Have a nice day!

1 Like

Hi everybody,

I’m a software developer living in Cologne (Germany) and I came here because I read an article about this project, which made me curious. I always wanted to increase my contribution to open source projects and OpenMRS seems to be a pretty interesting project. In addition, I have visited some of the countries where OpenMRS is actively used, so I’d really like to see some lines of my code being used to help people :slight_smile: I have solid knowledge in Java, Spring, architecture and web development.

Welcome to all the recent college students!

Welcome @getshravan and @florianschmitt! Feel free to follow http://openmrs.org/join-the-community/developers/ and see if you can pick up one of our community-priority or introductory tickets.

2 Likes

Hello All! I am an open source enthusiast. Currently, I am looking to implement bahmni as a EMR solution for a small clinic.

Cheers, Dishit D

Hi all, I am Nipun Thathsara from Sri Lanka. Final year undergraduate of Information Technology at University of Moratuwa - Sri Lanka. Even though i am introducing myself now, i’ve been with the community since 2016 as a contributor to ‘OpenMRS implementation for Human Genetics Unit of Medical Faculty - Colombo, Sri Lanka’. OpenMRS is my first involvement with Open source development and glad that i’ve joined the community. In addition to programming, automobiles and hiking are in my interests. Hoping to contribute to OpenMRS as long as i can, with all your help. :slight_smile:

1 Like