Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hello everyone.

I am Dhruv Doshi. I am a beginner to the world of open source and I am looking forward to dive deep into the same. I know nodejs and python. I am hoping to learn new technologies and contribute the organisation. Can anyone help and guide me?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

I am Umesh. Currently working as Lead Engineer with HCL Technologies. I am very passionate about the evolving technologies and the amazed by the way its changing our everyday lives. I’m new to Open source and would like to contribute to this community.

Thank you!

2 Likes

@dhruvdoshi and @umesh15109, we are glad to have you in this community. Get started with Get Started as a Developer - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki. Feel free to ask any questions via talk. feel at openmrs.

2 Likes

Thank you @gracebish . I will do.

1 Like

Hope 1 helps … Take a swing at https://opensource.com/resources/what-open-source

1 Like

Youre most welcome to the family. Go through this Take a swing here

Hello Everyone!!

I am Abhishek, Computer Science undergrad currently in my junior year. While searching for a suitable GSOC organization that would interest me I have found OpenMRS. I have successfully setup the coding environment and ready to take on some issues.

I sent a request on OpenMRS helpdesk requesting an account for Wiki and Jira at ITSM-1778. I would be glad if someone gives me access. Thank you. :grinning:

I’m looking forward to learn a lot by contributing to the community.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @abhishek.

1 Like

Your most welcome to the family. About the access to Jira, patiently wait and I believe you received an email from the admin. You’re welcome again…@

1 Like

You’re welcome @abhishek . its great to have you here.

1 Like

Greetings to everyone, Hope all is well with you all? My name is SSEBAANA Suubi Joshua a third year student of Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering at Makerere University Uganda. I very glad and existed to join the openMRS community and hope to learn and improve as a developer while contributing towards this project. I am interested in

1. Website design
  2. Application Design
  3. AI
  4. How users interact with software

I really glad to be here and hope to contribute as much as i can cheers to all of you.

2 Likes

You’re most welcome to the platform. Take a look at this 1

Hi there, I am Ujjwal, I am a Computer Science and Engineering undergrad at NIT Manipur. Would love to interact with you all and contribute to the code and goals of OpenMRS. Happy to be here. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hey @ujjwaltyagi355 you’re most welcome to the platform. Feel free to inquire about anything and your stay here will be a memorable one. Kindly take a look at Get Started as a Developer - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am Medhavi Srivastava and currently pursuing the integrated B.Tech+M.Tech course in Information Technology at IIIT Gwalior, India. I got to know about OpenMRS this month through my friend. I have previously made minor contributions to some open source projects. I am looking forward to contributing to OpenMRS for GSoC 2021. I am keenly interested in Java and React(and React Native). I have been pursuing Android app development using Java for the past 2 years and started developing apps using react-native 6 months ago.

3 Likes

Hey @medhavi you are most welcome to the family. Please enjoy your stay here as we learn from each other. Note the following: Get started as a developer

Google summer of code 2021

Frontend - SPA and microfrontends

Hope one or more of the above links is of help to you. Happy coding!!!

Hi Everyone

I’m Lakshitha Wisumperuma, an undergraduate student from University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka. I’m a dedicated and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about Computer Science. I hope to use my skills to contribute to OpenMRS and looking forward to all your support and guidance.

Thanks and regards!

1 Like

@lashewi You are most welcome to the community! Please you can get started here: Get Started as a Developer - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

1 Like

Hi everyone.

Joseph here. I’ve been a Java developer for a few years. I’m looking for a way to contribute as a developer. If anyone knows any good first issues I can get involved in, I’d be more than happy to dig in.

2 Likes

@topgunjoe welcome to the community, kindly look at this to get started Get Started as a Developer - Documentation - OpenMRS Wiki

1 Like