Welcome! Please introduce yourself

You’re all welcome to the caring community. Those interest as Developers, starting from here is absolutely wise and helpful. Thanks; @manoharv9, @carty, @kisma, @mohilpalav, & @adityac1305

1 Like

However, one is not at all limited for the community has different areas one can like contributing to, either as his/her choice to learn or as his/her area of expertise to help others interested in the particular area as follows a few to mention in addition; Documentation, Testing, Analysis, Design etc. Feel therefore comfortable to freely allocate your interest. Ask the community members with confidence of appropriate response, although it may tarry a bit but it will surely come to your way. I wish you a safe journey. :raising_hand_man:

Hello,

I’m another Drexel University graduate student. My name is Ian Franklin and I’m pursuing a Master’s in Software Engineering. I also came across OpenMRS in an open source class and am very interested in getting involved. I hope to gain experience working within an open source community, and hope I can contribute in any way I can. I’m a Java programmer and would love to gain experience developing on a real project, but I am open to helping with documentation, testing, or any other areas as well. Hope to get to know some of you soon!

1 Like

Hello everyone! I am Ramakrishnan. I am here to contribute to OpenMRS projects and hope to learn in the process of doing so!

1 Like

Welcome to the community

Hey, I’m Kanak Raj, a first-year student from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, India. I am totally a newbie in open source. I want to learn about OpenMRS and more about contributing to Open Source. I hope to learn a lot. It seems there is a big community together. Feels great to see that.

You’re right. Feel fully welcomed to a family that cares indeed @kanak8278 Just kickoff from this link to get started as a developer. There are varieties of products however unlimited for you from which to choose. You’ll be at peace ask community members especially here on Talk if at all you get stuck on the way. Big up.

1 Like

Welcome to the community and we look forward to your contribution. Kindly follow this and this guides to get started in documentation and development. Just in case you need help, feel free to reach out to the community members through TALK or IRC.

Hello @rmkanda welcome to our community , you can get started as a developer with this link here, if you get stuck somewhere you can also create a talk post about your issues. hope you have a great time our community !! :grinning:

Hi everyone, I’m Cyrus Majidy, a Digital Media graduate student with a background primarily in Game Development, Design and Media Arts. So, I know how to create a video game from scratch, and all that entails. I’ve basically been in school for 8 years and am graduating soon. I’m looking to contribute to Open MRS in any way that I can at this time. I’m currently working on switching to software development as a career.

So, taking my background into consideration, should I aim to contribute with testing and documentation at this time, or dive right into the developer’s manual? Or, is there some other area in which I should seek to serve?

Hi, :wave:t6: I’m Leila, a 5th year student in Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering degree, living in Maputo, Mozambique. I have worked for 2 years on a development project for an open-source software based on Java, for academic purposes called FenixEdu.

Currently, I am writing my graduation thesis where I intend to make a simple proposal to implement OpenMrs for patient’s record in a reference hospital here in my country. So I am here to enrich my research and also to contribute to this wonderful community as a developer.

I’m super excited to start contributing. :smiley:

So, where do I start from?

You’re welcome to the caring community dear @leilaboaze behold; Getting+Started+as+a+Developer see you moving forward.

1 Like

Hi @leilaboaze, we are glad to have you here :smile:

2 Likes

Hello Everyone, I am Shahin Selkar. I wanted to show my interest for GSOD’s 2020 project of Developing a Suite of Volunteer. I am truly inspired by the work you people do which has inspired me to become a part of this wonderful community and contribute to it! Looking forward to talk to many of you in coming times.

Hi @shahin, welcome to the community. We are delighted to have you here. Since you are interested in GSoD, you need to read through our documention and know how OpenMRS operates. You might also want to have a look at this Getting+Started+as+a+Developer:smile:

cc @herbert24

Hello @shahin, kindly follow this link OpenMRS GSOD 2020 Warm Up Practises to get started!

Sorry about this! you must be having a lot on your table. You forgot and shared the developers link instead of GSoD.

Welcome and wish you well @shahin