Welcome! Please introduce yourself

Hola, Me llamo Shara Sahori soy estudiante de Ingeniería en Sistemas Computacionales, quisiera conocer mas de esta plataforma e involucrarme poco a poco en la comunidad, no soy buena desarrollando en equipo así que por favor tengan me paciencia.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Ellen OSullivan from Harvard MA USA which is a town, not the university ! I am an OLD software developer, started in 1981 working at Digital Equipment Co. I am now working with library databases at EBSCO doing QA automation. I just discovered OpenMRS and I feel very fortunate to be able to contribute eventually after the learning curve.

4 Likes

Hi all, I am Verane. Senior Computer Engineering student at the Factulty of Engineering and Technology of the University of Buea. I am interested making grow my coding skills by coding for health with the OpenMRS developers team.

4 Likes

Hi all,

I am Nemanja Unkovic, a software developer from Bosnia. I’m new to Openmrs, and open source projects. It is my first time participating in an open source project, so I hope I could get some guidance. My background is C#, WPF, ASP.NET MVC, JavaScript and Python.

Looking forward to working with you all.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Hemant Mavachi, Software Developer from Pune, India. I have a background in Qt, C++, Objective-C and I’m looking forward to contribute to OpenMRS

Apart from programming, I have a interest in music, travelling, and amateur astronomy.

3 Likes

I moved a post to a new topic: Documentation for a basic diabetes clinic?

Hello stefan, can you tell me about your experience with installing and configuring openMRS? thanks, Nir Ailon nailon■■■■■■■■■■

1 Like

Hi everyone, I am a student at the University of Buea, Cameroon, studying computer Engineering. I am at the third year of my course and specializing in software engineering. I have played with the interface of openmrs for quite some time but i want to start development anytime from now.

Hope to get support from everyone.

Regards.

4 Likes

Introducing myself: Peter MacIsaac, I am a health informatician who grew up in Australia and is now working in Singapore. Connected to OpenMRS community through association with Prof Terry Hannan. I have an task to achieve, which is supporting a charity run anonymous HIV testing service, move from paper to electronic information management. My role is the designer and solution architect, they will need a commercial development organization to customize and build OpenMRS to their requirements and provide hosting and ongoing support. There is a budget to pay for this work. First task is to see how good a fit OpenMRS is to their TURF - Tasks, Users, Representational (UI) needs and Functionality, and secondly what commercially available services are there to support an application built on OpenMRS for them

3 Likes

Hi people,

I am Aashna Garg, a final year undergrad from Delhi Technological University, India. I’m quite new to OpenMRS, want to contribute mainly in Java and Javascript. Good to see so many resources on the website to help the developers.

Really looking forward to developing for OpenMRS!

3 Likes

HI, Am Wafula Erick. I work for AMPATH

Thank you.

Erick

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Maggie McIntee and I am an onsite administrator for the Holy Family Surgery Center in Honduras. We are located on the property of El Rancho Sante Fe of Nuestros Pequeños Hermans, and NGO orphanage. We provide health care for the children on the ranch as well as the people of Honduras who are unable to pay for their health care. We are an ambulatory surgery center performing outpatient procedures. We have one permanent surgeon, an orthopedic surgeon who is now our medical director. His name is Merlin Antúnez and he was one of the very first children to grow up here with Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos.

We operate three days a week and see patients for consults two days a week. In addition to that, we have surgical brigades that come to us once a month. The specialties we see are general surgery, ENT, GYN, urology, dermatology, and ophthalmology. We are in the process of developing our dental clinic as well.

Our organization is growing fast and we believe that having electronic medical records will help with patient communication, day to day management, and analyzing data. All of these things will better help us to serve our patients and give better treatment to the least fortunate here in one of the most dangerous countries in the world.

A link to our website: http://www.holyfamilysurgerycenter.org/ A link to NPH’s (Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos) website: https://www.nph.org/

3 Likes

Hello Marvin Karegyeya a student at Makerere universityon irc and online commonly known as nuwe . I do contribute to mozilla firefox and drupal . I love open source contributions. they are really a great experience and learning platform for me am so excited to join this community and I am looking forward to making friends her

2 Likes

Hi All, My name is Uday. I am a java developer and interested in contributing to the openMRS community. I am very happy to be a part of such a vibrant and enthusiastic community working towards an ambitious goal. I hope that I can learn a lot of new things and hopefully provide some meaningful contribution to the projects being undertaken here.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Thomas Van Doren. I’m a software developer in Seattle, USA. Until recently, I was working on the Chapel parallel programming language. I’m ramping up on OpenMRS now, and I look forward to becoming an active user and possible contributor.

3 Likes

Hi,

My name is Justin and I am living in Beirut, Lebanon. I am a data analyst with minimal programming experience. I’m looking for a mobile health information solution for some health clinics my wife and I help coordinate. We currently use ODK for medical inventory but lack a good application for recording patient data, checking patient history, etc.

Any links for where to get started would be appreciated!!

3 Likes

Welcome @jtleb! Have you had a chance to see our OpenMRS Implementers Guide yet? http://en.flossmanuals.net/openmrs-guide/

Also, our implementers all communicate here on Talk. Head over to the Implementing category for more: https://talk.openmrs.org/c/implementing

1 Like

I thought now that I kept people busy with my questions here I should as well introduce myself… :slight_smile:

My name is Mario and I also work with the OpenHMIS project together with @ibewes and @benmwalimu.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

Many of you already know me. I live in Haiti, but I am a US citizen. I have been involved in Haiti with implementing OpenMRS at various hospitals/clinics since late 2006. You can learn about me and my other activities on my website/blog… www.missionaryjames.com.

3 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Ivo Ulrich, developer based in Austria working in Healthcare IT.

I am currently working on the Radiology Module My goal is to help improve the module, get it up to speed with unit tests/code style, start adding functionality, regularly release a new version and who knows maybe get it into the reference application one day :smile:

And help get OpenMRS running with PostgreSQL, since MySQL is the only “bad” thing I have found about OpenMRS :wink:

I am so happy that I found this community, you are great, the software/community you created is amazing, simply overwhelming :sunny:

3 Likes