Ways to Participate in Community Strategy Discussions

We have a growing list of topics for our community to talk about. We know that not everyone is able to join our weekly strategy or operations calls. :frowning: Timezones, work, commutes, other committments, limited connectivity - these and other things can get in the way of hopping onto Uberconference at our designated time, 5pm UTC on Thursdays.

We want to make it easier for you to participate in these conversations.

In addition to our live discussions, we’d like to organize some real-time, online chats about these topics. As we work on scheduling and setting these up, it’s helpful to know what tool or platform you prefer to use as a dedicated chat space for a defined period of time (i.e. 2pm-4pm UTC on Wednesday).

Which of the following tools would you be most likely to use for real-time chat?

• What’s App
  • Telegram
  • Slack
  • I have another one in mind - see my reply below!

0 voters

Feel free to reply to this thread with any other suggestions or feedback!

Getting people, even in the same time zone, to meet at a particular time, can be a challenge. How about, in addition to those fixed times, arranging some asynchronous sessions on talk, where people can share their ideas or respond, whenever they are able to?

1 Like

We could also use twitter and other social media channels to engage with the community to invite them to our sessions.

Yes! That’s part of the reason I’d like us to try to have a real-time chat going on during a couple of windows of time. So we could take a three-pronged approach:

1. Live discussion on Thursdays at 5pm UTC
  2. Real time, 1-2 hour chat windows on X day at X time (TBD)
  3. Asynchronous discussion on Talk

Since we’re posting the questions with the discussion topic, is a new thread needed?