Wanted to Integrate my personal project with OpenMRS

@SolDevelo @dkayiwa @beapen @darius
I am having probems on openMRS installation via mvn clean install as well as mvn install below is the screen shots of the build I have installed mvn mysql and java, tomcat also running I must mention my system is only running oracle java 8 no open jdk is Open jdk necessary

can I get some link to installation on Ubuntu on youtube and some ide refrences like ecilipse or IntelIJ Idea Thank you

Looks like some jar file can’t be found in maven repository, I wonder whether it means it was removed or if your local maven repo has been somehow corrupted, you might want to delete all the jars under .m2 folder in your home directory and try again, if that doesn’t work you might want to look in the maven repo to confirm if that artifact exists

Do I have to reinstall maven ? where can I found maven repo?

I believe that hibernate jar file is coming from maven central and I don’t seem to see that version of hibernate too, may be it was deleted, others are not running into the issue may be because they already have local copies downloaded in the past.

I have just deleted my local repository copy of hibernate and compiled again. All hibernate jars were re downloaded and compiled successfully.

Can you try the same @rajpratim21?

The error says it’s a temporary issue when resolving mavenrepo.openmrs.org. It could be an issue with your ISP DSN server (not able to get the IP address, error says Unknown host mavenrepo.openmrs.org), or the openmrs.org not responding for a while. Just try again, it’ll probably work.

1 Like

@wyclif is the hibernate file inside Openmrs-core ? or somewhere in my system

I am getting still some errors like

Are you behind a proxy? You might need to configure per https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html

1 Like

yes i am behind a proxy :sweat_smile:

Thankyou @darius @lluismf @dkayiwa @wyclif I was behind proxy therefore mvn was not working also earlie I installed maven via sudo apt-get install maven therefore I coudn’t get the settings.xml file (my bad :sweat_smile:) I uninstalled previous version and Installed this time manually it seems to work mvn clean Install downloaded lot of files but on the end it get stopped for so long time nearly half and hour lastly I forced quit the terminal during installation am I suppose to increase mvn size before installation or something else

@janflowers @darius @lluismf @dkayiwa @wyclif I increased the mvn size and seems to completed the download process completely But now when I build via mvn clean install it gives such error

and cd Webapp mvn jetty :run gave following error

Looks like a corrupted jar file. Delete it from you local maven repository and compile again. It will get redownloaded.

1 Like

@dkayiwa @darius @lluismf @wyclif I have deleted that jar and this time it installed and seems to test run automatically but I get lot of NoClassDefFound Error like this

@dkayiwa @darius @lluismf @wyclif
there are only failures during test

getting surefire report files like these there are many moreorg.openmrs.api.db.hibernate.DropMillisecondsHibernateInterceptorTest.txt (7.6 KB) org.openmrs.api.db.hibernate.HibernateProviderDAOTest.txt (10.3 KB) org.openmrs.api.db.hibernate.HibernateAdministrationDAOTest.txt (13.1 KB) org.openmrs.api.db.hibernate.ImmutableEntityInterceptorTest.txt (13.1 KB) org.openmrs.api.db.hibernate.HibernateConceptDAOTest.txt (29.6 KB) org.openmrs.api.db.hibernate.PatientSearchCriteriaTest.txt (51.3 KB)

You might want to switch to the open jdk, I think I’ve seen complaints of builds failing when not using open jdk

1 Like

@wyclif Still getting same error I tried sudo update-alternatives --config java and select Openjdk one (I don’t know if I shoud ask it here My apologies if I shouldn’t) but when I typed java -version it’s still showing same old version . please help .

:grinning: @wyclif @darius @dkayiwa @lluismf Thank you I some how managed to remove Oracle jdk and install Openjdk :sweat_smile: and it run for almost all the test except hibernate security seems to resolved in the end it came BUILD SUCESSFUL

but while executing mvn jetty:run got some error I HAVE PREINSTALLED ECLIPSE is it because of that I am getting such errors saying name already in use?

the debug mode gave such error while executing jetty

You might want to inspect your ports and see what process is listening on port 8080, you will need to kill it before attempting to run OpenMRS again

1 Like