Want to be a 2022 GSoC Admin?

Hi everyone!

We’ve had fantastic GSoC Admins, like @danfuterman @suthagar23, who have guided students and mentors alike to a successful Summer of Code. Last year, we ended up with a small GSoC Admin team, with @mozzy and @herbert24 worked closely with @grace and me while @suthagar23 guided us with his extensive GSoC wisdom.

Each year, we try to bring on a new co-admin. This year is no different.

I’m interested in being a GSoC Co-Admin. What should I do? If you are interested in serving our community as a GSoC Admin - or know someone who might make a good co-admin., we encourage you to:

• Get to know what GSoC co-admins do. GSoC Admins guide the community with project ideation and proposal development; help onboard, engage, and support GSoC contributors; recruit and support mentors; monitor contributor & program progress; ensure GSoC deadlines are met - and more.

If you want to know more about what GSoC Admins do and the kinds of skills successful GSoC Admins draw on during GSoC, please take a look at this description.

• Be prepared to commit the time. At every point along the GSoC timeline, there is something that requires action by GSoC Admins. Some weeks and months may be busier than others, and please be ready to spend at least a few hours each week on GSoC.

Still interested? Use this form to express your interest or nominate someone to be a GSoC Admin by January 24th. Last year’s GSoC Admin Team share the outcome o/a January 25, 2022.

5 Likes

Thanks to everyone who responded with their interest or nomination for GSoC2022 Admins! We reviewed the responses at yesterday’s S&O call.

We’re excited to have @herbert24 and @kdaud join the GSoC2022 Admin Team! Some of you may remember that Herbert was co-admin last year, so we’re grateful to have his experience.

I also want to take a moment to thank @mozzy for being a great GSoC 2021 Admin - you not led the way: you served as role model and guide for Herbert as he came on board and have helped us ease into GSoC 2022. Don’t be surprised if we come to you with questions every now and then!

4 Likes

All the best to the new team

1 Like

Congratulations to you @herbert24 and @kdaud

1 Like