Volunteer to be release manager of RefAPP 2.9

Hello OpenMRS Community,

We are looking for a Release Manager for OpenMRS Reference Application 2.9, which is scheduled for release in April. Are you aspiring to become a /dev/3, /dev/4, or /dev/5? Being a release manager is a valuable experience for any open source developer, lets you influence the roadmap and priorities for the community, and gives you the opportunity to make a substantial and prominent contribution to the OpenMRS mission. This is a crucial role that ensures the awesome contributions of various volunteers to be available to everyone.

The job of a release manager is not to do all the work; rather, to make decisions on what goes into the release and to guide the community through the release process.

Remember, we are a community that works together, so you will not be alone in the release process. We have a documented process, weekly project management calls to discuss issues, and several previous release managers in our community who can provide mentoring for you and answer your questions.

Shout out to @jwnasambu for successfully managing and releasing Reference Application 2.8! YOU ARE AWESOME!

To volunteer to be Release Manager for OpenMRS Reference Application 2.9, reply to this message.

Skills Needed:

• Time to be the release manager between July to October
  • Good Communication Skills
  • Basic DevOps skills - creating ssh keys, being able to ssh into a remote environment, basic file operations in a remote environment.
  • Being comfortable with different communication tools to interact with different members of the community.

Also, we are looking for a previous release manager to volunteer to pair with the new release manager to help them with the release process, so any previous release managers interested may reply to this post to volunteer.

1 Like

cc @deb @yherbert24 @mozzy have you seen this ?

1 Like

thx @tendomart . am ok to take up this offer, with your assistance sir :sunglasses:

ya am willing to take up the work , :sunglasses:

1 Like

thanks @tendomart .i will be extremely gratefull if granted this opportunity

1 Like

@maurya , I’d love to volunteer for this opportunity if it’s still available :slight_smile:

4 Likes

it sims we are many who are willingto take up the role. how is the selection criteria to get one who will do it?

1 Like

Hi @mozzy, As described in the release process wiki, here is the selection criteria for Release Managers.

1 Like

OpenMRS would like to greatly thank everyone who applied for being the release manager for Reference Application 2.9. As per our Release Manager Selection Criteria @reubenv has been selected as the Release manager for Reference Application 2.9. Congratulations @reubenv ! @reubenv , your next steps will be to coordinate with @ssmusoke to finalize the list of deliverables for Reference Application 2.9 and announce that to the community to make sure everyone can get a chance to add anything in this release cycle.

Really glad for everyone’s contribution.

Volunteers who have applied for being the release manager, we highly encourage applying for being the Release Manager of Reference Application 2.10 (April 2019) . Until then please consider other ways to contribute to OpenMRS.

4 Likes

Congrats @reubenv

2 Likes

Congrats @reubenv! And thanks for volunteering!

2 Likes

@maurya Thanks a lot.

I would like to thank OpenMRS for giving me this amazing opportunity, supporting me and I look forward to learning a lot from it! :smile:

1 Like

From Addons to release manager, you are truly an awesome @reubenv :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congrats @reubenv

1 Like

Congratulations @reubenv :smiley:

1 Like

Congrats @reubenv

1 Like