Volunteer to be OpenMRS RefApp 2.7 Release Manager

Hello OpenMRS Community,

We are looking for a Release Manager for OpenMRS Reference Application 2.7, which is scheduled for release in September-end - Mid-October. Are you aspiring to become a /dev/3, /dev/4, or /dev/5? Being a release manager is a valuable experience for any open source developer, lets you influence the roadmap and priorities for the community, and gives you the opportunity to make a substantial and prominent contribution to the OpenMRS mission. This is a crucial role that ensures the awesome contributions from various volunteers to be available to everyone.

The job of a release manager is not to do all the work; rather, to make decisions on what goes into the release and to guide the community through the release process.

Remember, we are a community that works together, so you will not be alone in the release process. We have a documented process, weekly project management calls to discuss issues, and several previous release managers in our community who can provide mentoring for you and answer your questions.

Thanks to @hilz041 and @raff for successfully managing and releasing Reference Application 2.6!

To volunteer to be Release Manager for OpenMRS Reference Application 2.7, reply to this message.

Skills Needed:

• Time to be the release manager between August and October
  • Good Communication Skills
  • Basic DevOps skills - creating ssh keys, being able to ssh into a remote environment, basic file operations in a remote environment.
  • Being comfortable with different communication tools to interact with different members of the community.

Also, we are looking for a previous release manager to volunteer to pair with the new release manager to help them with the release process, so any previous release managers interested may reply to this post to volunteer.

1 Like

Hello i will be very grate full if given an opportunity to be openMRS RefApp 2.7 Release Manager.thanks

2 Likes

Hello, I’m also willing to be release manager for the ReffApp 2.7

2 Likes

@maurya am also available to faithfully execute the task.Thanks

2 Likes

Hello,

We are going to select the next Release Manager in the coming week. So, if there is anyone who is interested please respond to this thread soon.

Also, we are still looking for a previous release manager to volunteer to pair with the new release manager to help them with the release process, so any previous release managers interested please reply to this post to volunteer.

@maurya Iam still interested…Only give me the directions just in case.

OpenMRS would like to greatly thank everyone who applied for being the release manager for Reference Application 2.7. As per our Release Manager Selection Criteria @tendomart has been selected as the Release manager for Reference Application 2.7. Congratulations @tendomart! @tendomart, your next steps will be to coordinate with @ssmusoke to finalize the list of deliverables for Reference Application 2.7 and announce that to the community to make sure everyone can get a chance to add anything in this release cycle.

Volunteers who have applied for being the release manager, we highly encourage applying for being the Release Manager of Reference Application 2.8 (March 2017) . Until then please consider other ways to contribute to OpenMRS.

@maurya Thank you very much am honoured to be selected for this task. meanwhile if you have any helpful links please do not hesitate to drop them for me… Thanks again

@tendomart and @ssmusoke, Were you able to coordinate to finalize the list of deliverables for Reference Application 2.7?

1 Like

@maurya I am meeting with @tendomart tomorrow to work on this