Last year we had 4-5 members of the community volunteer to help select the scholarship winners for the 2016 Implementers' Conference; we need to do the same this year!
This is a very important committee because we have so many people applying for scholarships but we usually don't have enough funding to support each request. The criteria for scholarship applicants can be found here: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/Implementer+Conference+Scholarships
Criteria for Reviewers
- Familiar with OpenMRS
- Spends a majority of his/her time on time on OpenMRS
- Dedicate sufficient time to review each scholarship application
- Has previously attended two or more conferences
- Can fairly make a decision based on merit
- Is willing and able to keep information confidential
- Is not applying for a scholarship
Since the criteria for selection is merit based, you'd need to be familiar with our community members. If you are new to the community, this might not be the best way to get involved (but we thank you for your enthusiasm regardless!).
Please reply here or message me privately on Talk if you'd like to volunteer to be part of this committee or if you have any questions. Thanks!!