Vagrant cant find Virtual Box on Windows XP laptop

Hello Team Bahmni,

I am trying to get Bahmni working on my Windows XP laptop. The issue is as follows:

D:\Projects\Bahmni\bahmni-vagrant>vagrant up No usable default provider could be found for your system.

Vagrant relies on interactions with 3rd party systems, known as “providers”, to provide Vagrant with resources to run development environments. Examples are VirtualBox, VMware, Hyper-V.

The easiest solution to this message is to install VirtualBox, which is available for free on all major platforms.

If you believe you already have a provider available, make sure it is properly installed and configured. You can see more details about why a particular provider isn’t working by forcing usage with vagrant up --provider=PROVIDER, which should give you a more specific error message for that particular provider.

D:\Projects\Bahmni\bahmni-vagrant>vagrant box list There are no installed boxes! Use vagrant box add to add some.

D:\Projects\Bahmni\bahmni-vagrant>vagrant -v Vagrant 1.7.4

D:\Projects\Bahmni\bahmni-vagrant>

My vagrant file:

-- mode: ruby --

vi: set ft=ruby :

Vagrant.configure(2) do |config| config.vm.box = “my-bahmni-box” config.vm.box_url = “file:///d:/Projects/Bahmni/bahmni-vagrant/package.box” config.vm.box_check_update = true config.ssh.insert_key = false config.vm.network “private_network”, ip: “192.168.33.10”

config.vm.synced_folder “…”, “/bahmni”, :owner => “vagrant” config.vm.provider “virtualbox” do |v| v.customize [“modifyvm”, :id, “–memory”, 3092, “–cpus”, 2, “–name”, “Bahmni-RPM”] end end

Vagrant version - 1.7.4 and Virtual Box - 5.1.6

Please help.

You need to install Virtual Box too. https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Vagrant runs on top of Virtual Box.

I have. it is version 5.1.6.

Maybe one of these solutions work for u: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25963870/windows-8-1-vagrant-could-not-detect-virtualbox-make-sure-virtualbox-is-proper

New error:

D:\Projects\Bahmni\bahmni-vagrant>vagrant up C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/lib/ruby/2.0.0/tmpdir.rb:85:in mkdir': Permission denied - D:/Projects/Bahmni/bahmni-vagrant/d20161018-1124-1b5qmz8 (Errno::EACCE S) from C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/lib/ruby/2.0.0/tmpdir.rb:85:inblock in mktmpdir’ from C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/lib/ruby/2.0.0/tmpdir.rb:142:in crea te' from C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/lib/ruby/2.0.0/tmpdir.rb:85:inmktmp dir’ from C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.7.4/lib/vagrant/b undler.rb:57:in init!' from C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-1.7.4/lib/vagrant/p re-rubygems.rb:23:in

D:\Projects\Bahmni\bahmni-vagrant>

Hi @medha, I found this threath with a similar problem: https://github.com/cogitatio/vagrant-hostsupdater/issues/89 Maybe this works for you!

Hi @csuarez

Thanks for the reply but the error I am getting is not related to hosts file.

Can someone please help?

did you run sudo vagrant up anytime ?

I’m not a windows user, but this line specifically is telling you that the user running vagrant (your user, I assume) doesn’t not have permission to create a folder in D:/Projects/Bahmi/bahmni-vagrant/

It could be because the parent folder doesn’t exist, but you explicitly told it on your vagrantfile to look for that folder. Check the writable permissions on that folder.

Consider upgrading off of Windows XP – it is end of life and no longer supported!