Vagrant-box images for prior versions of Bahmni

Application Name: Bahmni Version Number: 0.89, 0.90, 0.91, 0.92, 0.93.2

Question: I need to upgrade a Bahmni 0.89 system (and migrate our user data) to the current version of Bahmni, version 0.93.2. The upgrade is needed because our Bahmni 0.89 system is running on a CentOS system that will not be supported in the future.

From trying various upgrade scenarios, I believe I need to perform an incremental upgrade, going through each Bahmni version in sequence. That is, my upgrade path needs to be 0.89 → 0.90 → 0.91 → 0.92 → 0.93.2.

We have attempted to set up each intermediate system without success because of software deprecation issues (especially ssh). We thought we had come up with a workaround by using the vagrant-box’s that have been saved for each version. They are listed at https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BAH/pages/14712841/Bahmni+Virtual+Box. However, the vagrant VM’s do not seem to execute the Bahmni versions they claim. When I try to run the various VM’s, this is my results:

Link: https://app.vagrantup.com/bahmni-team/boxes/bahmni/versions/0.91/providers/virtualbox.box Runs Bahmni version 0.90.

Link: for version 0.92 Runs Bahmni version 0.90

Link: for version 0.93 Runs Bahmni version 0.90

Link: for version 0.93.2 Runs Bahmni version 0.90

In summary, the vagrant boxes do not run the versions they claim to run. Therefore I’m stuck.

I have been able to find a vagrant-box that runs 0.92. I can run a docker-container version for 0.93.2.

My question: Could anyone provide me with a VM image of a vagrant-box that runs Bahmni 0.91?

Thanks in advance!!!

P.S. The web site says I can only include 2 URL’s in my question. I have added blank spaces to the extra URL links so my question will post. Please forgive

I will give an answer to my original question.

I don’t understand how vagrant-boxes work, but it appears that they share resources if you have multiple vagrant-boxes running at the same time.

The only way I could get the Bahmni vagrant-boxes to execute with the desired version of Bahmni is to run them independently and make sure all previously executing VM’s were not only not running, but totally destroyed. It looks like this, where the ‘’–prune’’ and ‘’–provision’’ flags are critical.

vagrant halt ID
vagrant destroy ID
vagrant global-status --prune         (should be totally empty of all VM's)
cd FOLDER_OF_VM_YOU_WANT_TO_RUN
vagrant up --provision                (assuming your current directory is the folder that contains the VM files)