User-local OpenMRS deployments on Microcomputers

Hi @bistenes , I am not very experienced when it comes to the implementation of OpenMRS under limited resources and as to how well it scales. However, simple I am quite familiar with the raspberry pi, here are a few things that I’ve noticed in general about the pi.

• Assuming you have only a few 100s of patients maximum, it should just about meet the minimum criteria. These criteria are stated here. However it may be noted that this wiki was last edited in 2010 so everything that’s written there may not be downright correct and have mostly changed significantly.
  • The PI is not the most stable server in my opinion. It loses power easily and databases can easily get corrupted if it shuts down suddenly for some reason. I have had a bunch of times when such a thing has happened.
  • I don’t think it will work out for OpenMRS Reg app with a bunch of modules too.
  • On the brighter side, it is a very cheap alternative to the traditional laptops.
  • You may also want to check out this post and connect with the author as well to ask him about his experience.

Lastly, I myself am curious as to how this goes so please do narrate your experience here once done.