Updating modulus with Ref app 2.6 modules

@raff @hilz041 I was working on updating the list of ref app modules shown in add-ons with @darius . We realised that modulus has not been updated with the latest modules which came out with Ref app 2.6 yet. I have added a list of modules that need to be updated below for your reference.

List of modules that need to be updated:

• Allergy UI (1.5.0 to 1.7.0)

• App Framework( 2.8 to 2.10)

• Chart Search Module( 1.7 to 2.0)

• Core Apps(1.12 to 1.13)

• OpenMRS FHIR Module( 0.9 to 1.7.0)

• Form Entry App(1.2 to 1.4.1)

• HTML Form Entry UI Framework Integration(1.6.2 to 1.6.3)

• HTML Widgets (1.8.0 to 1.9.0)

• ID Generation( 4.4.0 to 4.4.1)

• Reference Application (RA) (2.3 to 2.6)

• Reference Demo Data(1.4.1 to 1.4.3)

• Reference Metadata(2.3 to 2.6)

• Registration Core(1.4 to 1.7.1)

• Reporting(0.11.0 to 1.12)

• Reporting UI (1.2 to 1.3)

• Rest Web Services( 1.9.10 to 2.19.0)

• UI Commons (1.9.3 to 2.3.0)

• Legacy UI(1.2.3 to 1.3.1)

1 Like

I will upload as many of these as I can, but I don’t have priviliges on everything in modulus.

How did we end up with so many modules not being put in modulus? That’s nearly 50% of the refapp modules that don’t have their latest version in modulus this time. (I guess it doesn’t matter, and with the next refapp release we won’t be using modulus anymore.)

I did 12 of these, but there were 6 that I could not do because I’m not a maintainer of those modules on modulus. And apparently modulus is now broken so you can’t change the maintainers, therefore one of the current maintainers mentioned below would need to upload the latest version:

Here are the specific steps you need to follow:

1. Get the released module, in either of two ways: (option 1)
  1. In the Quick Search box, search for “{moduleId}-omod-{version}.jar” (for example, “allergyui-omod-1.7.0.jar”)
  2. Download this file. (There’s a download link when you hover over the name in the artifact column.)
  3. Rename this file to “{moduleid}-{version}.omod” (for example “allergyui-1.7.0.omod”) (option 2)
  • download the reference application modules zip file, and get the omod from there
  1. Log into https://modules.openmrs.org and find the module you’re looking for, then Upload New Version, with the file you just downloaded and renamed.

PS- These are ones I took care of:

• appframework
  • coreapps
  • formentryapp
  • htmlformentryui
  • idgen
  • referenceapplication
  • referencedemodata
  • referencemetadata
  • reporting
  • reportingui
  • webservices.rest (actually this was already in modulus)
  • uicommons

htmlwidgets is done.

1 Like

Done with legacyui, chartsearch, and Allergies UI. I noticed that @mogoodrich is in charge of “Allergy UI Module” which has a modulus description of “Helps to start writing OpenMRS modules”. :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the quick response @dkayiwa and @mseaton :slight_smile:️. Now we are only left with updating registration core and fhir. In the meantime I’ll continue updating add-ons’s index to include the latest modules.

Looks like the jar/omod for registration core version 1.7.1 (and version 1.7.0) aren’t in the Maven Repo. I could build them manually and upload, but, @raff, looks like you did the release, were there any issues with it?

Take care, Mark

I just checked on Allergy UI… not sure how I became the only maintainer since I haven’t done too much work with this… :slight_smile:

I noticed that although it said Allergy UI was updated yesterday, I didn’t see the 1.7.0 release. @dkayiwa not sure what happening–often times the I have to do an upload twice in order to get it to work.

As for the “Helps to start writing OpenMRS modules” description, it looks like this has been corrected in the POM–I suspect that Modulus does not update the description if it changes. So I guess this will have to wait for the new Modulus. :slight_smile:

Take care, Mark

https://openmrs.jfrog.io/openmrs/webapp/#/artifacts/browse/tree/General/modules/org/openmrs/module/registrationcore-omod/1.7.1/registrationcore-omod-1.7.1.jar

Whoops, thanks @raff… I must have mistakenly not been including the “-omod” in my search.

That being said, thans for pointing me in the direction of the “Artifact Repository Browser” screen? I’d been trying to find such functionality in artifactory to no avail and considerable frustration. @mseaton just showed me how to get there–for others, use the left-hand navigation. The main Artifactory home page is kind of useless… :slight_smile:

Take care, Mark

@reubenv I just ran the code after merging your PR and I see some things in the logs

List refapp_2_6 refers to org.openmrs.module.openmrs-fhir-module version 1.7.0 but this version is not indexed

Suranga hasn’t uploaded this yet. I spoke to him and he’ll do this soon.

List refapp_2_6 refers to org.openmrs.module.formentry version 1.4.1 but this version is not indexed

Probably should be formentryui

List refapp_2_6 refers to org.openmrs.module.registration version 1.8.0 but this version is not indexed

This should be registrationapp or registrationcore

List refapp_2_6 refers to org.openmrs.module.webservices-rest version 2.19.0 but this version is not indexed

It seems like these are non-standard, and the addons server thinks this version is actually “2.19.0.f2b4a2”. @raff, once we’ve switched to bintray, what version number will this have? (Probably this is an addons bug in how we determine module version numbers…)

I think it refers to this

It refers to the registration app. I guess I made a mistake in getting the correct module name to be indexed as there are more modules with registration in them. I’ll make a PR to fix it.

Ah yes, it’s formentryapp, not formentryui. (But I think in the code you had set it to just formentry, which is an older module.)

True, I have just created a pull request which aims at fixing that