Updates: Community Representative on the OpenMRS Board of Directors

Dear OpenMRS Community,

We are ready for our 2024 OpenMRS BoD Community Representative Elections. We have four outstanding candidates nominated by the Community for the community representative seat on the Board! In alphabetical order:

• Antony Ojwang - OpenMRS ID: aojwang
  • Gibril Gomez - OpenMRS ID: ggomez
  • Ian Bacher - OpenMRS ID: ibacher
  • Jayasanka Weerasinghe - OpenMRS ID: jayasanka

Their statements can be found here.

What happens next?

Vote!

Voting begins Monday February 5, 2024 and OpenMRS community members with an OpenMRS Talk/Slack ID can vote. Each individual who votes may submit only one ballot and will have until February 12, 2024 to do so. The ballot will be shared by the said Monday.

We use a ranked-choice voting system, so individuals can rank candidates in the order of their choice (1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice, 4th choice).

All submitted ballots remain anonymous. Only the final result of which nominee received the most votes will be made public. In the event of a tie, we’ll hold a run off.

Have questions? Please reach out.

Finally, I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to you who considered me worthy of nomination for this assignment. What an honour! I will be serving as part of the Board’s Secretariat and as such will not be in the ballot. That notwithstanding, I am deeply grateful and rejuvenated in my commitment to serve you. Blessings galore!

5 Likes