Updated strategic invite letter for Uganda 2016

One of my to-do items from todays LT call was to update the OpenMRS strategic invite letter for Uganda 2016. Based on feedback received, I revised it to say,

Given your proven record of leadership and domain expertise, we are pleased to invite you to attend Uganda 2016 to present your recent efforts, and also, contribute to discussions of regional and local importance.

Other individualized content may also be included as per individual requests.

Comments welcome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

looks great Suranga. thanks for doing that. I think that this is ready to go

1 Like

Perfect. Well done!

1 Like

1 Like

I and @lober have made some suggestions on the document :slight_smile: thanks alot, otherwise it looks great indeed

@surangak I have made some few comments on the document.

1 Like

added some comments and changes based on the previous comments. @jeffneiman, can you also look at this and see what you think? thanks.

i am unclear what the next steps are…

1 Like

I’ve added some comments and suggestions as well as made a few edits to punctuation and/or grammar errors. Hope this helps!

Great job everyone! I’d be very excited to see this invitation come through my inbox!

Ok, i’ve worked on making revisions. The lone outstanding issue is the link to the sponsorship details. @jeffneiman, will we have a link for that? or should we remove this from the letter in the interests of getting it out ASAP? We can just say, ‘for sponsorship offers, please see our wiki page (insert link)’

i would remove it so that we can get this out… and, do what suranga notes

Sorry to get to this late… but no specific comment about this replacing the Summit? Did we want to call out that Summit sessions will be interweaved with the implementer sessions?

I like the idea of adding a sentence that says that summit sessions. Whatever that means. Will be included. Maybe just sessions assessing the larger context of openmrs will also occur at this meeting. Would that work! And then we can get it out?

In lieu of a separate OpenMRS Summit, there will be several Summit sessions addressing the larger context of OpenMRS interwoven within the schedule. Or something like that. Andrew S. Kanter, MD MPH FACMI

Asst. Prof. of Clinical Biomedical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology Columbia University Email: andrew.kanter@■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Mobile: +1 (646) ■■■■■■■■ Office: +1 (212) ■■■■■■■■ Skype: akanter-ippnw Yahoo: andy_kanter

I agree. Maybe just include an email address and say “…email ______”? That way the ‘call to action’ is followed up with an outlet. Otherwise we might miss out on an opportunity to capture sponsors right there.

sounds good to me. can we do that change and then get this reviewed and approved on Monday at the uganda implementers weekly meeting? thanks.

FYI. Just tried to register on the site and was unable to process a payment. Anyone else not able to register? Might want to make sure it works…

@akanter The payment link should work successfully. Nonetheless we are going to re-test the payment process again.