Hi Everyone, We are preparing for the Bahmni 0.91 version, and we would appreciate your help in this process - mainly for QA.
The following links are available for you to do QA and UAT:
- PWA on chrome: you can launch Connect from the home screen of the environments mentioned above.
- Android: you can download apk from here. On startup, you will need to specify the server Hostname/ IP address. For example: product-qa04.mybahmni.org
The credentials are
- EMR : superman/Admin123
- ELIS (Lab): admin/adminADMIN!
- ERP: admin/password
- dcm4chee: admin/admin
- Connect: superman/Admin123 (login to location SEM or GAN)
We would go through a open qa process driven by the community, before the PAT and the coalition takes a decision on the release. Tentatively, it’s about a month or two.
- We will strive to get a beta in in 2-3 weeks time.
- A Release candidate in further 2-3 weeks time.
- Talk thread: We will use this thread for anything posting relevant to the release - Updates and notifications from the release team, reporting new issues (new JIRA cards only) etc
- Slack: #community channel for regular discussions. Please see here for details
Product & Release team members
- Release standups: We will be meeting online thrice a week online (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) on zoom for a quick standup for the release. Please feel free to join the standup.
- Here is the link to the stand up bridge: https://thoughtworks.zoom.us/j/657927459
- Timings: 2:30 pm IST, 12 noon Nairobi, 11 am Berlin, 9 am UTC, 5 am EDT
- PAT calls: Will keep happening every week Wednesday (instead of alternate wednesdays)
Here is the link to all the Jira cards that were part of this release. All collaboration will be done only on JIRA, and this is the primary source of truth about who is testing what, and what their findings are. (If you want to see just cards in Needs QA that you could pick up, see this query.)
Please create/use your atlassian Id. If you can’t assign yourself as UAT assignee or move a card to another lane, chances are you need to be given additional permission. Please write back on this thread and one of us will give you the required permissions.
As a part of testing these cards, if you encounter any bugs, please leave a comment on the card. If you find issues not particularly related to any of the Jira issues, please feel free to create a new Jira Issue and tag it to fix version 0.91.
- Step 1: Sign up on the card on JIRA in the field “UAT Assignee”
- Step 2: Test on the environments listed above. Try to duplicate in multiple environments if possible.
- Step 3: Accept or Reject the card. Push back to “Ready For Dev” lane in case of rejection etc. In case of acceptance, move to “Done” column. Leave appropriate comments on the card
- Step 4: Register new unrelated issues in JIRA by creating a card with fix Version 0.91 and status = Needs Assessment, and notify one of the JIRA admins on slack (or by replying to this thread) so that they can make sure it’s properly curated.
- Raise any questions or concerns by replying to this thread, or on slack. (You do not need to post just to say “I tested card X, and it failed QA because of Y behavior”. You would write that on the JIRA card.) Bring the issue to attention of relevant people (listed below) by invited or marking them on the thread.
- Verify that the Feature Guide, Implementer Guide, and User Guide include documentation relevant to this card. (E.g. new features or new config setting need documentation; pure bugfixes do not). Verify that documentation exists, is clear, and complete. You can “reject” a card if the documentation is not present or not understandable. (You do not have to write the documentation yourself as part of the QA process.)
Bring to attention of relevant people (listed below). As a registered Bahmni Atlassian user , you should be able to view, comment on and create issues. In case of any issues accessing Jira, please contact @sruti, @krishnanspace, @angshuonline , @binduak, @mksd, @swathivarkala, @darius
Major Features in the release : We have 2 major features that are coming up as part of 0.91. A new ADT (bed management for some) and Operation Theatre Scheduling. The video links are listed below for getting context. There is also a admin module for “Bed Management” in this release.
We will also need help on exploratory testing.
- New Bed Management module (appears as ‘Bed Management’ in QA environments)
- See video here
- New OT scheduling module
- Appointment Scheduling
- Admin interface for ‘bed management’
- Internationalization & Localization
- CSV uploads for data and metadata (e.g Concepts)
- Bahmni Connect - PWA and Android
- User access and privileges
- ADT process and follow up (clinical module => ADT) - through the old ADT module and the new one.
- Observation forms (using Forms 1.0 ConceptSetUI based forms) - form conditions
- Forms 2.0 - done through Implementer Interface => Form builder
(Also see below for other areas for exploratory testing)
Builds: We will be probably taking multiple builds on the QA environments in a day. So, bear with us, if you suddenly find an environment non functioning. Expect a fresh pull every day (morning IST) on both the QA environments (data will be reset). During the day we may pull in builds; and we will do only on one environment. SLACK and this thread will be updated for notifications. If you don’t want a particular environment to be disturbed during the day or multiple days, connect on slack and on this thread with reasons. We will try to consider and accommodate, but not making promises since we just have 2 environments.
We will do release relevant communication on SLACK Bahmni community channel. If you aren’t on Bahmni SLACK already and want to get in, please ping the following persons to invite you on slack (@sruti, @angshuonline, @binduak, @mksd)
Local Bahmni Setup
If you would want to run and try Bahmni locally, please follow the steps to download and install this release candidate on CentOS 6.9:
- Install epel-release and python setuptools. This are needed as prerequisites to install bahmni installer.
yum upgrade python-setuptools
- Download latest bahmni installer (check the thread below for notification on latest installer availability)
- Install bahmni installer
sudo yum install bahmni-installer-0.91-13.noarch.rpm
- create setup.yml configuration file. See here for details of all setup configurations if you advanced setup
curl -L https://goo.gl/R8ekg5 >> /etc/bahmni-installer/setup.yml
- Point the bahmni_base_url to amazon s3. You need to add line below in setup.yml for this
- Modify the inventory file if needed and run the installer
bahmni -i local install
Bahmni Connect for Android
If you want to test out for Android, you can use the Bahmni-Connect APK. You will have to allow “installation of apps from unknown sources” in Settings => Security. Please test out on a device with minimum 7” display. If you want to test out using a simulator, try Genymotion. With Genymotion, you would need to spawn a new virtual device first, run it and then use adb (android debug bridge) to install the apk on the running instance.
adb install ~/Downloads/bahmni-connect.apk
Looking forward to participation from the community towards a successful release 0.91. Thanks in advance.