UNABLE TO FIND ICD 10CM AND PCS Csv or Database

good morning,

please forgive me for posting this here, but o thought there might be someone who can help me here

so is there anyone here who have all icd10 diagnosis and procedure codes in a form of csv or excel or know where i can get hold of them?? Please help me out, im in deep need of those 2 databases

I am afraid that we don’t provide ICD-10-CM or 10-PCS. These are for US only and are not part of CIEL or OpenMRS distributions. You can download the documentation for 10-CM from the CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/icd/icd10cm.htm#%20FY%202017%20release%20of%20ICD-10-CM

If you are interested in ICD-10-WHO, then you then the CIEL distribution of the OpenMRS concept dictionary does include maps to it.

thank you, but i have came across those ones, they are not what im looking for, i want a csv that is already editted, having a colum for disease code and description

Morena, Are you still looking for ICD10 Diagnosis and Procedure codes?

@akanter - could you explain a bit further what is meant by “ICD-10-CM or 10-PCS are for the US only”.

We need to add "irreversible pulpitis (ICD-10-CM K04.02) to our OCL diagnosis list. This diagnosis appears to not be available in ICD-10-WHO but only in 10-CM. I thought I get more background before setting up a work-around.

Thanks! Steve

Sorry for the delay in responding… didn’t see this.

The coding systems are for use in the USA. That doesn’t mean the concepts have to be (as they appear anywhere in the world). If you need the concept, we can add it but it won’t have the ICD-10-CM map, it will have an ICD-10-WHO, ICD-11 and SNOMED map

Thanks @akanter! Very helpful. So am I correct then in understanding that the mapping above for to ICD 10 WHO would be “narrower than K04.0”?

Correct! When the closest code in a code system is not synonymous with the term, then the term is mapped “narrower-than” to the code. For mappings like SNOMED, it may be that the modeling of the term involves adding other codes such as anatomical site or organism and these are narrower-than, but would actually have a more specific relationship like “Associated morphology” or “Has focus”, etc.

Thanks Andy! Very helpful.