Unable to create the database. Giving up.???

Guys, I’m totally fedup with this installation process.

I can’t able to get any guide lines.

Installation that i follow -

1. Install Xampp
  2. Start Apache & Mysql
  3. Set password for root in my phpmyadmin. (user : root | pass : root)
  4. Copy paste the openmrs.war in /tomcat/webapps
  5. Started the tomcat in console server start sucessfully prompt came.
  6. Load the url localhost:8080/openmrs
  7. Selected Simple
  8. Enter mysql password as root (Which was config in step 3)
  9. After next Unable to create the database. The password might be incorrect or the database is not started. ???Error executing sql: create database if not exists ? default character set utf8 - Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.???

what could be the solution or i’m missing anything during installation.

ALL LATEST VERSIONS i’m using

Regards, MATHAN

For some reason,i have faced this a few days back and almost had every thing ok,i was using platform 2.4 snapshot,which openmrs version are you using??

Reference Application 2.10.0

Individual Components for Advanced Installation

Released 06-April-2020 Linux, Mac OS X, Windows · Release Notes

For production use of the Reference Application, you must install an OpenMRS Platform WAR, which requires an existing Java servlet container such as Apache Tomcat, and an existing database such as MySQL. Download these individual components here:

Download Platform 2.3.0 WAR

using this

And the java version and mysql version?

C:\Users\Maddy>java -version java version “1.8.0_251” Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_251-b08) Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.251-b08, mixed mode)

Mysql version

• Apache/2.4.43 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1g PHP/7.4.5
  • Database client version: libmysql - mysqlnd 7.4.5
  • PHP extension: mysqli
  • PHP version: 7.4.5

try using mysql 5.7 and apache tomcat 8.5.5!!

could you please ping me in whatsapp +918248175266.

I think i’m using Xampp latest version XAMPP for Windows 7.4.5

you could actually get me here https://webchat.freenode.net/

at that channel i use yherbert.

@iactusmedia kindly add steps that we have went through to solve this here so as to help others,thanks

1 Like

Hello guys, I don’t want to start another topic with the same case. I am a freshman strugling with database creation during the initial start. I already downgraded MySQL to 5.7 and Tomcat to 8.5.5. Do you think that having jdk-14.0.1 may cause issues with openmrs test database creation? Slowly I am running out of ideas.

@bad.mike I am not sure if we have hit java14, Am certain of at least java 11 so you could try downgrading just to be sure. @dkayiwa , @mksd , @ibacher could have a more concrete answer.

@bad.mike could you use java 8

The master branch of the OpenMRS platform runs all these Java versions 8,9,10,11,12,13,14 as you can see here: Travis CI - Test and Deploy with Confidence

And so is there reference application version 2.11.0-SNAPSHOT

1 Like

Currently I downgraded to jdk 8.0.251, tomcat 8.5.5, MySQL 5.6.47 and still cannot create the test database. Additionally IntelliJ shows some problems within the main openmrs-core pom.xml: lines 1030-1031 (org.codehaus.sonar-plugins.java, sonar-jacoco-listeners), 1055-1056 (maven-jxr-plugin, 2.3), 1099-1102 (all parameters eg. parsedVerson.majorVersion…). But the second one may stay for another topic since maven showed no problems during compilation.

Can you share the full log via pastebin.com?

@dkayiwa could you please specify which log you have in mind? IJ was used just for the source code check then I complied it with maven using command line so I am not sure if its log will help.

Copy the error you are getting into pastebin and share the link.