unable to connect and use a custom made sql database to bahmni

good day, im about to deploy bahmni, in a clinic, and i have been asked to create a database of the previous pateint files and import them into bahmni via an sql database, or edit the one bahmni is currently using, can that be done and if yes how?

Hello,

Good to hear that you gonna deploy Bahmni in a clinic :slight_smile: There is an option to import patients into bahmni using the csv import. Here is the documentation link

Or if you have a database with all the patient data (you would want to see in Bahmni) that is compatible with Bahmni, then you can manually restore the existing the database or you can choose to use the same database during installation. Please have a look at Installation with custom database Does this answer your question ?

ok , i got that, so for my case, um going to need to install centos first not like i did with the windows version like im because its saying its for test and development purposes, so i dont need to download the vagrant f box that comes pre installed with centos, but rather i have to have centos running on its own?

You can follow this documentation for installation steps.

i did follow it, now its failing to open the services, it says server not found

i tried to acces bahmni home using this adress https://10.0.0.2.15/home

which version of bahmni did you install ? yum list installled | grep bahmni

when i execute that command, it only shows that only the RPM is installed. it does not show all services

Hi morena,

Can you please share the output of yum list installed | grep bahmni command ?

You can use the command sudo service --status-all to see status of the services required for bahmni to run. Share us a screenshot of the output, so that we can help you resolve the issue you were facing.

this is what i get when i run --status-all command., unfortunalty its refusing to take screen shots, bear with me.

centoslive@livecd ~]$ sudo su [root@livecd centoslive]# sudo service --status-all acpid (pid 1203) is running… atd is stopped auditd is stopped Usage: /etc/init.d/bluetooth {start|stop} cpuspeed is stopped crond is stopped dnsdomainname: Host name lookup failure dnsmasq is stopped /usr/sbin/fcoemon – RUNNING, pid=1132 No interfaces created. firstboot is not scheduled to run hald (pid 1217) is running… Table: filter Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT) num target prot opt source destination
1 ACCEPT all ::/0 ::/0 state RELATED,ESTABLISHED 2 ACCEPT icmpv6 ::/0 ::/0
3 ACCEPT all ::/0 ::/0
4 ACCEPT udp ::/0 fe80::/64 state NEW udp dpt:546 5 ACCEPT udp ::/0 ff02::fb/128 state NEW udp dpt:5353 6 REJECT all ::/0 ::/0 reject-with icmp6-adm-prohibited

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT) num target prot opt source destination
1 REJECT all ::/0 ::/0 reject-with icmp6-adm-prohibited

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT) num target prot opt source destination

Table: filter Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT) num target prot opt source destination
1 ACCEPT all – 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 state RELATED,ESTABLISHED 2 ACCEPT icmp – 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
3 ACCEPT all – 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
4 ACCEPT udp – 0.0.0.0/0 224.0.0.251 state NEW udp dpt:5353 5 REJECT all – 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT) num target prot opt source destination
1 REJECT all – 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 reject-with icmp-host-prohibited

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT) num target prot opt source destination

irqbalance is stopped iscsi is stopped iscsid is stopped Kdump is not operational lldpad (pid 1105) is running… lvmetad is stopped dmeventd is stopped mdmonitor is stopped messagebus (pid 1147) is running… multipathd is stopped netconsole module not loaded Configured devices: lo Currently active devices: lo eth0 NetworkManager (pid 1161) is running… grep: /proc/fs/nfsd/portlist: No such file or directory ntpd is stopped ifdhandler is stopped pcscd is stopped master is stopped pppoe-server is stopped Process accounting is disabled. quota_nld is stopped rdisc is stopped Low level hardware support loaded: none found

Upper layer protocol modules: none found

User space access modules: none found

Connection management modules: none found

restorecond (pid 1649) is running… rngd is stopped rsyslogd (pid 1053) is running… sandbox is stopped saslauthd is stopped smartd is stopped spice-vdagentd is stopped openssh-daemon is stopped Xvnc is stopped winbindd is stopped wpa_supplicant (pid 1219) is running… [root@livecd centoslive]#

it does not not show any installed service rather it shows this: [centoslive@livecd ~]$ sudo su [root@livecd centoslive]# yum list installed | grep bahmni [root@livecd centoslive]#

Did you install Bahmni ? Please tell us the steps you have used to install.

i used this guide https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BAH/Install+Bahmni+on+CentOS

Hi morena,

Have you downloaded the box from one of the links provided in above documentation ? Or are you trying the other option i.e., without downloading the box ?

im tring to install it on centos, for production purposes, and use it in centos (OS) not access it using windows, so i ddn download the box, bacause that one comes pre installed with centos, but now im trying to install it ine centos

Ok, If I understand you are trying to install Bahmni on Centos. And you are following this documentation https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BAH/Install+Bahmni+on+CentOS is it ?

To install Bahmni on fresh Centos box please follow this link https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=35291242

well i did look into that, but then i wanted to install it with a demo databse, and also i wanted to avoid having to create the setup.yml file myself

For now setup.yml is mandatory and it is manual process. In step3 it is mentioned that it will come with sample demo data if there is no existing database with name openmrs. If you have existing database with openmrs it won’t install demo database.

yeah that i got, i did follow that guide before, but then when i finished installation i ran ifconfig and got the ip adress, then the browser failed to open, but i did follow those steps.

Are you still not able to open Bahmni with that ip ?