Unable to build bahmniapps codebase: grunt error

Hello All. I am trying to setup bahmniapps codebase to run locally on my mac. I am following the steps mentioned here: Working on Bahmni OpenMRS Frontend.

When I run the npm install command, I get a grunt version dependency error. Has anyone else encountered this?

➜  ui git:(master) ✗ npm install
npm ERR! code ERESOLVE
npm ERR! ERESOLVE unable to resolve dependency tree
npm ERR!
npm ERR! While resolving: bahmni.apps@0.0.1
npm ERR! Found: grunt@1.0.3
npm ERR! node_modules/grunt
npm ERR!   dev grunt@"^1.0.3" from the root project
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Could not resolve dependency:
npm ERR! peer grunt@"~0.4.4" from grunt-istanbul-coverage@0.0.5
npm ERR! node_modules/grunt-istanbul-coverage
npm ERR!   dev grunt-istanbul-coverage@"0.0.5" from the root project
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Fix the upstream dependency conflict, or retry
npm ERR! this command with --force, or --legacy-peer-deps
npm ERR! to accept an incorrect (and potentially broken) dependency resolution.
npm ERR!
npm ERR! See /Users/gurpreet-luthra/.npm/eresolve-report.txt for a full report.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /Users/gurpreet-luthra/.npm/_logs/2021-03-07T14_24_27_278Z-debug.log
➜  ui git:(master) ✗ node --version
v15.11.0
➜  ui git:(master) ✗ npm --version

Seems like my node/npm setup was messed up. I decided to uninstall node/npm/etc completely from my machine following these instructions: javascript - How do I completely uninstall Node.js, and reinstall from beginning (Mac OS X) - Stack Overflow.

After that I chose a better path to re-install NodeJS using nvm. Mentioned here: https://www.newline.co/@Adele/how-to-install-nodejs-and-npm-on-macos--22782681

Then I looked at travis-ci build logs to see how bahmniapps was being built on travis here: bahmniapps travis-ci build.

I installed same version of nodejs (nvm install 10.11.0) and used yarn install and yarn ci to trigger the build as it is in the travis logs (there is no bower being used). The build now ran fine. It seem the instructions to run the build correctly should be updated in the README.md itself (instead of relying on Confluence, which seems to go out of date as build infra is modified).

I will wait for someone to confirm this, before sending a pull request to update README.md.