UI Framework Error when accessing previous visits

Platform Version: 1.11.3 Build 03b68a OpenMRS: 2.2

Hello everyone,

Still discovering OpenMRS (on my own) in preparation for a more “formal” test of the system in a small Togolese hospital (hopefully starting in the next 3 months).

Following advice gathered in this forum (thank you Mark, Darius, Andrew and Michael!), I am working with Platform version 1.11.3 Build 03b68a completed with the full package of modules that make up the Reference Application OpenMRS 2.2. It looks very promising… I can see more and more precisely how it will be beneficial for the team (and the patients) in the Togolese hospital that will soon “test drive” it.

I have a question, though…

Trying to use the new interface to access previously entered Visits, the following error occurred:

UI Framework Error
Root Error
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The date must not be null
at org.apache.commons.lang.time.DateUtils.add(DateUtils.java:414)
at org.apache.commons.lang.time.DateUtils.addDays(DateUtils.java:341)
at org.apache.commons.lang.time.DateUtils$addDays.call(Unknown Source)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:40)

Is there some sort of update to run before they can be viewed/updated ?

1 Like

Offhand, I vaguely remember seeing an error like this one if a patient somehow ends up having two simultaneously open visits. Can you check your database, or the legacy UI, for this?

1 Like

Hi Darius,

Thank you ! I think it is the case, indeed. Earlier, when trying to add Encounters to a Visit (which didn’t work) I remember ending up with several (unwanted) visits. Do you know how the issue can be resolved ? Should I use PHPMyAdmin to delete some of the Visits, or can it be done safely through OpenMRS ?

DL