I’ve just got off a call with the Uganda team. Here’s an update on the Uganda implementers meeting preparations.
- Preparations for Uganda 2016 are now underway, and progressing extremely well.
- The team is interested in pursuing a semi-unconference format - that is, some pre-determined sessions based on urgent regional needs, plus time allocations for daily unconference sessions
- And yes, we are having site visits and a hackathon. This will be exciting.
- Organizers are hoping to see as many of you attend as possible! they also want you to lead some of the pre-determined sessions based on your domain expertise
- Funding for travel scholarships - I’ve asked the organizers to write up a value proposition for the conference, and the importance of attending it: perhaps we could forward it to the right people for funding? @terry, is this something that Michael Healy can help with? fundraising for all sorts of travel (and not just the Uganda event) would be important, i believe…