Translation of the navigation title and breadcrumb items.

I have noticed that the navigation title and breadcrumb item are not translatable. I have checked both locally and on the demo, and even when I completely override the configuration for the language, they do not change when switching to a different language. From what I can tell, the components do not use the t() function to support translation. (If I’m not mistaken, the name is got from here:: openmrs-esm-patient-chart/dashboard.meta.tsx at main · openmrs/openmrs-esm-patient-chart · GitHub)

Is there any way to translate them? Perhaps there is a workaround in the configurations that could enable translation?

1 Like

Since the components are not currently designed to support translations, i suppose its an issue.

see this too: OpenMRS Frontend 3.0 Documentation for Developers

cc// @ibacher @dkigen @samuel34

@thembo42 Thank you for your response. At the moment, It seems that the only way to do it is by using JavaScript workarounds.

1 Like

So, is it okay to issue this as ticket(with clear description) such that there is further discussion by senior devs and testing of the supposed changes?

@ibacher @kdaud

I can create an issue.

I’m just curious, why wasn’t this feature implemented earlier? It seems like a logical thing and the only place that doesn’t follow the localization pattern. It appears that it may be more complicated than simply adding the t() function.

1 Like

Sure, reasons could be varied that’s why i said you issue it such that there is assessment and address in a timely manner.