Tracking Sync 2.0 work

I think sprint summaries like this one could be very helpful; although, since Sync 2.0 is using JIRA for sprint, we might be able to get most of the sprint-level detail from JIRA’s Sprint Report without requiring the additional work of manually generating it in Talk.

For those who aren’t following Sync 2.0 activity weekly, I think they would expect to be able find details about the project starting on the Sync 2.0 project page – i.e., overview, goals, link to roadmap, links to release notes, and information on where to find/follow current status (links to JIRA sprints, relevant Talk threads). In other words, it would be helpful for someone who is interested in Sync 2.0, but unaware who is working on it and its current status & short-term goals to be able to start on the project’s page on the wiki. You should feel ownership of this wiki page and its children – i.e., feel welcome to revise the pages as needed to reflect current information and, if needed, create child “Sync 2.0 Archive” page under which to move any outdated Sync 2.0 wiki pages.

Questions that could be answered on a project wiki page that might not belong on weekly updates:

• What is the goal of Sync 2.0?
  • Who (people, orgs) are currently working on Sync 2.0? What are their roles?
  • Who is/are the product owner(s) for Sync 2.0?
  • What are near-term and long-term targets (i.e., roadmap)?
  • Where can I find the weekly updates? (this could link to JIRA sprint pages and/or Talk topics)

I agree. Definitely, if you’re showcasing features, it would be great to record them in a YouTube video or hangout and provide a link (putting YouTube video links on their own line in Talk will automatically embed the video).

Great to hear. Are Jembi & SolDevelo teams communicating/coordinating efforts?

1 Like