Today is Sysadmin day 2016

I’m posting this and want to call out @maany, @ryan, @cintiadr, @michael (even though he’s stepped back), and of course myself. I’m gonna also throw @pascal into the mix too!

Remember to thank them for their work in this community. It’s hard, thankless work.

Go find your nearest sysadmin and give them a hug and tell they’re awesome.

6 Likes

yes! happy sysadmin day :birthday:

there are discounts on certifications at https://training.linuxfoundation.org/ if anyone is interested :gift:

thank you guys!!!

3 Likes

You guys have been doing a tremendous work!!! Thank you so so so much and please keep it up! More lives are saved because of your precious sacrificing efforts!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A :star: HUGE :star: thanks to infrastructure@ for all the 9s! You guys are my heroes.

2 Likes

From the very beginning of OpenMRS, @paul and I understood how critical it was to have reliable infrastructure. We started out with things like Mediawiki, Trac, and mailing lists. We didn’t have continuous integration, central authentication, help desk, or the dozens of services that the community has today.

It’s not a small task to support the infrastructure. We owe a lot to @michael in executing his vision and all the folks, including @r0bby, @ryan, @cintiadr, @maany, and others, who have helped along the way. The OpenMRS infrastructure supports both the collaborative development of OpenMRS software and the equally (possibly more) important collaboration of passion, minds, and effort to help people around the world provide excellent care for patients in some of the most challenging environments.

Looking forward to a longer list of people to thank in 2017. :slight_smile:

Happy Sysadmin Day 2016! Cheers to you all! :beers:

-Burke :burke:

6 Likes

Thank you so much guys, for your efforts in making devs work a lot easier and thanks for being awake all the time (:point_right: @r0bby ). Thanks to the growing volunteers on the list(@pascal). :hugging:

Happy Sysadmin Day 2016!! :slight_smile:

Regards
Shekhar

2 Likes

Keep up the great work guys!

2 Likes

i agree with the comments above. Thanks so much to all the SysAdm that make OpenMRS work! terry

2 Likes