Testing and Documentation Teams/Groups

Hello All,

OpenMRS is a growing community. We are releasing 3 versions each year (1 platform release and biannual 2.x releases).We have a great list of contributors and there is a list/group of people who are developers. But, not everyone of our contributors is a developers and there are people who can help in testing OpenMRS or help in documentation and I believe they are not aware that they can help in that manner.

I would like to ask the community if having a team/group of people who can collaborate, get together and plan how to improve testing and documentation would be a good idea?

If yes, and we would like to create the teams. What do you think their responsibilities should be and if anyone is interested to be in the teams. (I have a few ideas for what it can be, I am including them below)

Testing Team:

• Should have a badges system in Talk to identify them and recognize them (maybe even levels similar to developers)
  • Improve Testing for the code either improve the unit testing or think of ways to improve the testing framework
  • Plan and Organize testing events for OpenMRS releases.
  • Help identifying modules with poor testing/no testing and providing them ways to improve/including testing.
  • Organize and Create Tickets/Tasks for GCI students that would help in achieving the testing team goals.

Documentation Team

• Should have a badges system in Talk to identify them and recognize them (maybe even levels similar to developers)
  • Identify and improve wiki documentation that is not properly explained or is outdated.
  • Improve documentation for code either improve the existing documentation or think of ways to improve the whole documentation scenario.
  • Help identifying modules with poor/no documentation and providing them ways to improve/including documentation.
  • Organize and Create Tickets/Tasks for GCI students that would help in achieving the documentation team goals.

Any feedback and improvements/additions welcome :wink:

2 Likes