Tally ERP support ???

Hello

I am an orthopaedic surgeon by profession and planning to implement bahmni at my centre. i would like to know if there is any compatibility with tally ERP accounting software as our CA uses that for auditing and computation. Is it possible that on a daily/ weekly basis the accounting entries be exported to tally either via XML file or any other means. Otherwise there will be duplication of data entry work. Waiting for a positive response.

Hi,

We have not tried to directly integrate with Tally ERP.

We use OpenERP for our accounting & inventory management. OpenERP can export daily sales entry in a CSV format. Hopefully that can be imported in tally.

Regards

Hi vinkesh

Thanks a lot for the info… will check with my CA if he can figure out a way to import csv files in tally.

Any hope of tally intergration in future for Bahmni. Or if you can help me some batch code to export transactions in xml format for specified date in specific headers

Since Bahmni uses OpenERP you really need an integration option between OpenERP and Tally. I did quick google search for “openerp tally intergration”, it does give back some results. May be worth exploring.

We do not have anything in our roadmap for providing the integration via Bahmni distribution, but you can always add any OpenERP app which serves your purpose.

Puneet,

Like Vivek said, the following search does seem to give results on OpenERP / Tally integration (or exports) articles. https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=openerp%20tally%20integration

Maybe you can check these out. Please let us know if you are able to find some method of making this work for you, so that other folks in future with similar requirements around Tally can also find them useful. Thanks!

Regards Gurpreet