Hello again and it is good to meet you back end of the summer. It has been a great summer for myself with lot of new learning. The below video is an update of the current state of my GSoC 2014 project. I would like to invite all of you to view it and provide me feedback as it will help lot to improve the project in a future effort.
Please find the sound track to the video in here. (However this is not much synced with the video so i recommend not to play the videos together, since it might be hard to follow in that case.)
Below are the key points that i need to highlight about the project.
- Added new module to OpenMRS module repository, released publicly available versions. (1.0 is already released, expecting to release 1.1.0 with finalized code by 18th)
- Completed ‘Memory Usage’ system indicator and visualized
- Completed ‘User Logins’ application indicator and visualized
- Completed ‘Created/Completed Encounters’ application indicator and visualized
- CPU Usage system indicator was expected to complete as the next system indicator, however couldn’t start on this due to the remaining time.
Future Enhancements for Project
- Extend the module with more system and application indicators e.g. : CPU Usage, Created charts per day etc.
- Provide option to download system statics reports as PDF or CSV files.
- Continue the module development with a future GSoC project
Finally, learning points for this summer …
- Added lot more to programming knowledge: Java, JSP, Google Chart API, Spring, Java Management Beans
- Learnt on creating a new module to document it, release it and deploy it; the complete process !!
- Worked with two awesome mentors, Pascal and Jan
- Contributed to an open source project for the first time, met a great community
For the slides and more details refer the project page : https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Final+Evaluation+Resources
Thank you, Cheers, Milinda