Do you believe OpenMRS should be using MariaDB? If so, how can you help make this happen?
You may have heard this:
“OpenMRS uses Hibernate for database access, which means it can run on any popular database engine.”
We’ve been making that claim for a long time. Now, with your help, we’d like to start living up to that claim. In a recent Developers Forum, we decided our first in formally supporting non-MySQL databases would be MariaDB support. As a result, we created an epic:
OpenMRS should run with MariaDB (TRUNK-4689)
We are looking for volunteers to help achieve this goal. Do any of the following apply to you?
- You have at least 2-3 hours a week available and are willing to help by leading this effort.
- You are aspiring to reach /dev/5 (leading the community effort to reach a road map milestone is a great way to demonstrate community leadership)
- You have experience configuring builds in Bamboo and want to donate some time.
- You have at least a couple hours a week available and would like to help.
- You have database experience/expertise and are will to help try to answer questions.
If you are interested in helping in any way, we’d love to hear from you. Let us know by replying to this thread.