Students taking Open Source Class

Hi @cathychen

Thanks for your contributions to the OpenMRS Community. It’s pretty cool to have you guys stick around for more awesomeness \m/

So, for starters, you can go through the Technical Roadmap and get a big picture of what is currently being developed and their development status. You will notice that RefApp 2.3 and Platform 2.0 are currently the hot topics in the community.

As for Platform 2.0, we are currently in the middle of a sprint on migration of LegacyUI from OpenMRS core to the LegacyUI module

We also have about 30’ish tickets that are ready to be taken up and will be released with Platform 2.0 in November, right before the OpenMRS Summit in December.

Also, check out the Community Developer Status page to find tickets that are our current priorities. I think the page is currently in beta, but it’s a great place to find cool tickets to work on.

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Community+Development+Status

You wouldn’t want to miss on getting free Open-Source swag for your contributions here. Check out this post on Hacktoberfest to get a free Hacktoberfest t-shirt.

I think that covers most of Platform 2.0 for now. I will keep you posted about the developments and do ping me if you need any information of any kind :smiley: (IRC nick : maany)

@tharunya can tell more on how you guys could help with RefApp 2.3 :slight_smile:

2 Likes