We're reviewing the patient flags module and planning to build on it for the reference application distribution (v2.5). I'd like to summarize what we have found about the module and ask for help moving forward. The goal of this work is to expose a fragment on the clinician facing dashboard that alerts providers for important clinical decisions. This is a sample screenshot showing that a test result is abnormal.
The patient flags module currently works with OpenMRS platform versions up to 1.10. The omod directory depends on the logic module, which was removed as a core module in platform v1.10. Additionally, the groovy dependency was moved into openmrs-core in v1.10.
Work to be completed
It looks like the following work needs to be done on the module to get it working on OpenMRS platform 2.0:
- Switch the dependency on the logic module to the calculation module as suggested in the ticket
- Create a profile in the pom for OpenMRS platform 2.0 (Also 1.11.x?)
- Make sure the groovy dependency matches the version in openmrs-core
- Make sure everything builds against Java 8
- GSOC: @pascal advised @ch3ck to create a REST API for the module, but the code the status of this work isn't clear.
After that, we need to create the UI in the reference application. Our I-TECH team in Haiti is ready to do this work. We need to create a module for the UI that depends on the patient flags module with the following characteristics:
- Fragment that adds to the clinician facing dashboard
- Update the CSS for errors to match the reference app styleguide
- Is anyone else working on integrating the patient flags module in the reference application before the 2.6 release? If so, could we share the work?
- We have the UI built for Reference application 2.3 (Java 7), but our team is having trouble with the upgrade to OpenMRS platform 2.0. Does anyone have time to help triage or work on the upgrade?
- How far backwards should we keep compatibility in this module? Are these changes breaking changes? For example, the GSOC commit removed all of the profiles for OpenMRS 1.6 - 1.10. Should we do the same?
Tagging people who have worked on this before:
@janflowers @pascal @eddiemu @dkayiwa @jmaxy @nathaelf @ch3ck @steliomo @mogoodrich