Starting my OpenMRS journey as Community Management Fellow πŸ‘¨β€πŸ’»

Hi everyone, good to be back with an update reflecting July activities.

Looking back on July engagement :man_technologist:

• Fellowship all hands: Hosting the fellowship all hands call was one of the highlights of July for me. Was super nervous in the beginning but glad that we pulled that off. Many thanks to @paul, @janflowers, all the fellows, and mentos for joining the all-hands call. Special thanks to @suruchi, @jnsereko and @kdaud for their presentation. The blog is on the way.

• Preparing for the events: Have been closely working with @jennifer and @christine for the global events. August and September are all heated with a virtual design conference which is scheduled for August 31 - 2 September 2022, and OMR22 which is scheduled for November 28 - December 3, 2022, in Nigeria. I am mostly focused on the virtual design conference closely working with the product team. Started the work by attending the Product meeting, and the current work is the finalize the theme and objectives of the conference. Please feel free the suggest the idea for the conference here, if you have any. Next, I will be working to prepare the conference schedule.

• Merging the personas and dev stages activities for my capstone project: Starting August mid, I will be working on my capstone project proposal and activities. Currently, I am helping develop the project proposal template for the fellows. For the capstone project, I plan to merge the activities to develop the OpenMRS community personas and dev stages update. Not much confidence in how that will look, but looking forward to working on it. Please share any tips and ideas if you have any regarding the personas.

What’s in the bag for next month? :school_satchel:

• Fellowship support: Will continue closely with the fellows to provide them with the necessary support of any type. With close coordination and support, we aim to make the fellowship experience better and make sure the fellows achieve their learning goals.
  • Capstone project: In August, I will start working on the capstone project proposal and activities. Through this project, we will map the OpenMRS community and better understand them.
  • Virtual Design Conference: As the date of the virtual design conference has been already finalized. I look forward to closely working with the event and product team in finalizing the objective, schedule, and hosting the conference.
  • OMR22: Will continue attending the weekly OMR22 planning meeting, and look forward to providing any needed support.

Very much excited for August :grinning:

5 Likes