Hello, I am currently working with a group of friends to develop a medical data base for a local charity. We have decided that OpenMRS meets the needs that they require perfectly and it even has a pre-built skeleton for us to base our work on. The following order of operation is what is planned for our project.
- Work from the OpenMRS Standalone application.
- Design the Standalone application to meet the needs that are required from the charity.
- Create the necessary amount of admin and user accounts that the charity needs.
- Transfer over patient information from their previous “database”.
- Create some sort of instructions for the charity workers; this way they wont have to depend on us for any further development.
Concerns that we currently face:
- Is it possible to develop what we intend through the standalone application entirely or would we have to develop through the core as well?
- How can multiple people have access to the standalone application for the same database? In other words, how can I be working on the same standalone application while my group members work on different aspects for that same application?
- Once we have developed and implemented everything that we desired and was required from the charity, would we need to transfer over to a server?
I’m not quite sure whether this would be the correct manner of approach for our intended plan, so any recommendations would be appreciated.