stand-still with "vagrant up"

trying to download bahmni, I have been following the install instructions but I have been stuck repeatedly on the same line: “C:\bahmni\bahmni-vagrant>vagrant up _” I have tried deleting and redownloading all the programs and folders, but the same thing happens every time. No error or other pops up, it just doen’t start to run.

Please help, I’m at a loss of what to do.

@ntc16, just to check, are you following the Bahmni Virtual Box instructions? And, can you share what versions of Vagrant and VirtualBox you have installed on your computer?

@darius- Yes I am, I’m stuck on “step 4” of the Windows installation instructions. I have installed Vagrant 1.9.7 and VirtualBox 5.1.26 for Windows host

Maybe this will help?

Also try vagrant up with more details - from the above, its practically impossible to figure out whats gone wrong. You can get more info if you do

vagrant up --debug

I tried directly downloading the Vagrant box, however that did not seems to change anything. When I tried “vagrant --debug”, this was the result:

I re-tried “vagrant up”, but nothing changed. I’m currently using Windows 7- could this be related to the issue?

Is that all? From the image its impossible to tell anything about status or error if anything occurred.

If thats not all the output, maybe you can output all the info to a file and upload the file here.

vagrant up --debug > c:/bahmni/vagrant_up_debug.txt

I do not have windows 7, but if you have vagrant version more than 1.9.x then it should be fine. (I hope that you have windows 64 bit).

Even me stuck with the same issue stand still when we do “vagrant up” while installing on windows 7 64 bit

Is this issue resolved of stand still when we do “vagrant up” please let me know

Also I observed that in vagrantfile memory is mentioned as to close to 3GB but I am running windows 7 with 2GB RAM is this creating problem for vagrant up to become stand still

Please let me know this issue is resolved

Quite possible! You can try allocating lesser resources for the instance. If you are using Virtual Box, then you can try to change allocation from the admin console. You also might have to stop some of the running services (e.g. Lab or ERP) in the Vagrant box.

Hi angshuman

Quite possible! You can try allocating lesser resources for the instance. If you are using Virtual Box, then you can try to change allocation from the admin console. You also might have to stop some of the running services (e.g. Lab or ERP) in the Vagrant box.

this means I try to allocate lesser resources in vagrantfile for memory and try to make vagrant up command

please I did not understand this below statement how to do can you please elaborate

“If you are using Virtual Box, then you can try to change allocation from the admin console. You also might have to stop some of the running services (e.g. Lab or ERP) in the Vagrant box.”

Hi Angshuman this means I try to allocate lesser resources in vagrantfile for memory and try to make vagrant up command

please I did not understand this below statement how to do can you please elaborate

“If you are using Virtual Box, then you can try to change allocation from the admin console. You also might have to stop some of the running services (e.g. Lab or ERP) in the Vagrant box.” [/quote]

Hi, i have cleaned up all the resources which installed earlier and started fresh with sequence

installed following

a. GIT,
b. Vagrant 2.0.2, c. VirtualBox-5.2.6-120293-Win

cd bahmni git clone https://github.com/Bahmni/bahmni-vagrant.g

i reduced memory size in vagrant file to 2 GB RAM and fresh installation i have done but when i reach vagrant up command it is going for stand still

i tried even with vagrant up --debug c:/bahmni/ bahmni-vagrant/vagrant-updebug.txt

in text file it is not writing anything but the screen shot i am attching here

system configuration

intel pentium processer (4)

RAM 4GB

any help answers or help with irc chat appriciated

Hi, I don’t see any useful information from the log. Seems these are not the full log.

check here for outputting the log to file

this is for powershell

vagrant up --debug 2>&1 | Tee-Object -FilePath “.\vagrant.log”

Also, have you considered using Docker? From my personal experience, I find Docker to be much more optimized than vagrant for Bahmni.

Check running bahmni on docker

Hi Angshuman,

as per your suggestion i have added this command "vagrant up --debug > c:/bahmni/vagrant_up_debug.txt " but with this file is being generated but the file is empty with size 0 kb no contents in that file it did not work out

As per your suggestion i thought of considering running bahmni on docker i brought new windows machine with higher configurations this time higher as compared to my older machine trials

windows 7 professional OS 8 GB RAM, and intel i3-2100 CPU Processors

1. installed Docker tool kit as my OS is windows 7 and tested for the installation with docker command docker RUN hello-world and installation was correct

2, created new folder and downloaded the files
Dockerfile docker.sh db startup script

when i run the below commands in docker quick start terminal $ cd dev_dockerFiles $ sudo ./docker.sh

says sudo is "bash: sudo : command not found i just tried to say command docker.sh with out sudo it executed and few things download but with some errors with lines in docker.sh with sudo command lines did not execute
container01 downlaoded

for below command following the messages came but could not open the url “https://localhost” or “https://localhost/bahmni/home”.

$ curl http://localhost ----not found $ service openmrs status — Running $ service httpd status — Running $ service mysqld status — Running $ service postgresql-9.2 status — Running Please suggest me how to add the environmental variable path to run the sudo command and re install

mean while since i am trying with new machine i thought to reinstall with Vagrant Box with Oracle VM i have installed below items

a. GIT, b. Vagrant 2.0.2, c. VirtualBox-5.2.6-120293-Win

created folder bahmni and cloned to get vagrantfile

git clone https://github.com/Bahmni/bahmni-vagrant.g

i am still get stuck when i say vargrant up command even though this time i have 8 GB of RAM it goes for stand still with vagrant up command but i noticed it is creating on blank folder in bahmni-vagrant with name .vagrant

please some one help me installing the bahmni on winows 7 machine

Hi @shridhars, if you are planning to setup Bahmni dev environment, you can either follow Bahmni Virtual Box setup or Bahmni Docker setup. You don’t need to have both. We would recommend Docker over Vagrant/VirtualBox setup as it is light weight and doesn’t eat up much of memory.

do you see any error when you access http://localhost/openmrs ??

Hi bindu, i have started all together in one of the threads i saw a suggestion for create centos 6.x VM in windows machine and use the centos installation steps to install bahmni

i have created centos 6.9 VM in Oracle virtual box and and able to install the bahmni with centos instructions and now am able to access the urls of the bahmni in VM but when i try to connect from host machine windows i am unable to connect to bahmni

I am new to networking and LAN etc please let me know how to connect from the host windows 7 machine and how can i access the VM box bahmni on LAN with other windows client machine

Hi Bindu,

i have installed and now i am able to access all the features but i am getting some errors i think these are due to the demo database is not installed properly i am not able to see the details as in the on line demo site below are the screen shots and i am not able to admit patients because there no options are loaded for patient movement combo box and in clincal

Hi Bindu,

for figuring out the errors cropping when we hit consultation button and Patient movement combo box empty with out the options Admit Patient and Transfer etc are not coming up

i have restored the databases from the link https://github.com/Bahmni/emr-functional-tests/tree/master/dbdump

but still getting an errors so i have closely observed the demo site application and my dev server installed application i found that the concepts are not the same matching with demo server through openmrs admin and when i search for all observation templates there are some concepts are missing or not matching with demo server and i am getting errors while navigating the screens or tabs

when i try to create new concepts by comparing with demo server on dev server with new option i am getting error message by saying concept already exists i figured out by accessing the database when i am going to command prompt mysql and search the concepts in mysql table “concept_name” table and delete from the back end and when i am creating with new option concepts are being saved

when i try to down load CSV file of concepts from the openmrs admin page and upload from bahmni Admin page i am getting errors not able to upload the concepts etc due to some columns are missing in the CSV file

please suggest me the link of the demo server backup with all the templates and observation forms present as similar to demo server so that we can navigate all the screens

also please let me know do we have any check list for installation or configuration set up

Thanks

Hi @shridhars,

yes, the openmrs database that comes with installation is different from the demo database. Here is the repo link for the demo databases.

It again depends on what type of configuration changes that you want. This wiki page would give an idea of advanced configurations in Bahmni. To get templates and observation forms as similar to demo, restoring with demo database would be enough.