SpringJUnit4ClassRunner requires JUnit 4.12 or higher.

Hey, I keep landing into java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessor - Pastebin.com everytime i try to run tests on my first module i am working on.

Investigation led me to GitHub - openmrs/openmrs-contrib-maven-parent-module: Parent POM for any OpenMRS module which seems to be providing Junit version 4.11 as can be seen here. Which begs the question, Is there a possibility that we can have a release of GitHub - openmrs/openmrs-contrib-maven-parent-module: Parent POM for any OpenMRS module from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 which would come with a version of Junit 4.13 ?

Or i could be getting this wrong somewhere, have a look see.

/cc: @dkayiwa @ibacher @kdaud

Are you compiling this from the command prompt or your IDE?

For the test i was working on, i did that using the IDE.

However what i have been doing in order to build and get an omod file ro deploy, i was skipping the tests like mvn clean install -DskipTests=true

What happens when you compile from the command prompt outside your IDE?

i get this when running on openmrs version 2.4.0 - Pastebin.com which i reported above. However, things change when i am running on openmrs version 2.2.0 - Pastebin.com.

Are all your changes committed and pushed to github?

Include a resources folder in your tests and add TestingApplicationContext.xml and test-hibernate.cfg.xml as you can see here: openmrs-module-idgen/api/src/test/resources at master · openmrs/openmrs-module-idgen · GitHub

Thanks, this solved the initializationError i had earlier about the test wanting a junit version of 4.12 or higher.