[SOLVED] qa-refapp.openmrs.org Does not have the latest version of coreapps module

I am looking at coreapps SNAPSHOT with new builds of the module using web-pack to package the coreapps.dashboardwidget.js and coreapps.vendor.js files which is not reflected.

1. How can one force a deployment of the latest version of a snapshot (or is this even possible)

2. How often are the modules updated, my assumption is that every green build of any snapshot deploys the new module

As long as the distro is referencing the latest snapshot version, every commit should trigger a CI build and hence automatic deployment on qa-refapp

Which exact functionality are you looking for?

@dkayiwa The webpack commits for the coreapps done by @raff on May 26 are not deployed https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-module-coreapps/commits/master

I’m looking into why changes are not there…

Sorry, my fault (or sort of).

I did realise that the docker host was not resolving DNS properly (for some reason, its resolv.conf comes back to 127.0.0.1, I was manually changing it to 8.8.8.8 to get it working), and I didn’t want to spend time on it as I was moving to another host/datacenter:

When DNS is failing, docker containers are not updated. If you try a new build, it should work.

When I couldn’t get the new host, I forgot to at least fix DNS on the old host.

1 Like

@cintiadr, I think we have the same issue again, is it possible?

We now have monitoring on that.

The gray area shows when DNS is not resolving properly. Did the problem occur during that time?

There’s some help in Openmrs test servers · openmrs/openmrs-contrib-itsmresources Wiki · GitHub about where to find the deployment logs.

Actually, that downtime was when I was reprovisioning it.

But it appears I didn’t update the webhook for the value after the provisioning.

Would it make sense to say that it’s broken since 25th june (or 18th of june), but it’s now working?

Rafal made a fix for this: https://qa-refapp.openmrs.org/openmrs/owa/metadatamapping/index.html But it is not yet showing up on this server. So @cintiadr, could this be due to the server using an older snapshot version of the module?

Not sure, note sure.

In the machine, I have:

$ docker ps 
46474431f561        openmrs/openmrs-reference-application-distro:qa        "/usr/local/tomcat..."   9 hours ago         Up 9 hours (healthy)      0.0.0.0:8081->8080/tcp   qarefapp_openmrs-referenceapplication_1
101a05ed20cf        mysql:5.6                                              "docker-entrypoint..."   9 hours ago         Up 9 hours (healthy)      3306/tcp                 qarefapp_openmrs-referenceapplication-mysql_1

root@garissa:~# docker images
REPOSITORY                                     TAG                 IMAGE ID            CREATED             SIZE
openmrs/openmrs-reference-application-distro   qa                  fbd82ffb13b3        9 hours ago         470MB

Which matches the time of the last build: https://ci.openmrs.org/browse/REFAPP-OMODDISTRO-6352

So, I’d need someone to actually take the image from docker hub (openmrs/openmrs-reference-application-distro:qa) and check if it has the desired fix?