[SOLVED] bahmni not running after fresh installation

Hi guys,

I am setting up Bahmni on a fresh installation of Centos 6.7 but I am not able to get the system to run. I followed the instructions on this page https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BAH/Install+Bahmni+on+CentOS and kept all the defaults.

Specifically, I run the following commands in order yum install https://dl.bintray.com/bahmni/rpm/rpms/bahmni-installer-0.84-183.noarch.rpm #version 0.84 curl -L https://goo.gl/R8ekg5 >> /etc/bahmni-installer/setup.yml bahmni -i local install

below is the output from the command “yum list installed | grep bahmni”

bahmni-certs.noarch 1.0-48 @bahmni
bahmni-emr.noarch 0.84-220 @bahmni
bahmni-erp.noarch 0.84-37 @bahmni
bahmni-erp-connect.noarch 0.84-37 @bahmni
bahmni-installer.noarch 0.84-183 @/bahmni-installer-0.84-183.noarch
bahmni-lab.noarch 0.84-49 @bahmni
bahmni-lab-connect.noarch 0.84-220 @bahmni
bahmni-openmrs.noarch 0.84-37 @bahmni
bahmni-reports.noarch 0.84-49 @bahmni
bahmni-web.noarch 0.84-220 @bahmni
python-gdata.noarch 2.0.11-1.el6 @bahmni

It seemed as though the installation was successfull. See the final lines from the output following the install command.

TASK [bahmni-base : start and enable ntpd] ************************************* task path: /opt/bahmni-installer/bahmni-playbooks/roles/bahmni-base/tasks/main.yml:43 skipping: [localhost] => {“changed”: false, “skip_reason”: “Conditional check failed”, “skipped”: true}

TASK [bahmni-base : install utils] ********************************************* task path: /opt/bahmni-installer/bahmni-playbooks/roles/bahmni-base/tasks/main.yml:47 skipping: [localhost] => (item=[]) => {“changed”: false, “item”: [], “skip_reason”: “Conditional check failed”, “skipped”: true}

TASK [bahmni-offline : Install bahmni-offline from bahmni-repo] **************** task path: /opt/bahmni-installer/bahmni-playbooks/roles/bahmni-offline/tasks/main.yml:1 skipping: [localhost] => {“changed”: false, “skip_reason”: “Conditional check failed”, “skipped”: true}

PLAY RECAP ********************************************************************* localhost : ok=295 changed=166 unreachable=0 failed=0

However, openmrs and others are not running. I attempted and managed to start mysql and postgresql services but openmrs and the other services could not start.

What could I have done wrong?

Thanks, Nicholas

Hi, Bahmni installed successfully in your machine as there are no failed tasks. Can you please check the openmrs service status by running the below command. service openmrs status If the openmrs service is not started then run the below command to start the service. service openmrs start Still you are getting the same problem please paste the openmrs log here so that we can help you solve the issue. You can find the logs in /opt/openmrs/log/openmrs.log file.

Thanks, Himabindu.

The opemrs service will not start. However the content of the log is quite revealing – see below. Do you know how I can install that specific version of java in the specified folder?

nohup: failed to run command /usr/java/jre1.7.0_79/bin/java': No such file or directory nohup: failed to run command/usr/java/jre1.7.0_79/bin/java’: No such file or directory nohup: failed to run command /usr/java/jre1.7.0_79/bin/java': No such file or directory nohup: failed to run command/usr/java/jre1.7.0_79/bin/java’: No such file or directory

I appreciate the help. Thanks alot. Nicholas

Hi, openmrs is unable to find the jre in /usr/java/jre1.7.0_79/bin/java path. Please follow this Bahmni talk link to solve the issue.

Remove jre. yum remove jre

then re-install required version yum install /opt/jre-7u79-linux-x64.rpm

start the service service openmrs restart

The same thing is documented on Wiki Page

1 Like

this worked for me also.

1 Like

Thanks alot Sravanthi.

I had totally missed that bit of the troubleshooting.

Nicholas