show/hide forms/templates in Bahmni

I want to be able to hide obs forms/templates based on a condition in Bahmni. As far as I’ve gathered, there is no way to achieve that on the fly. I think I’ll have to do some source code modification. Can I only achieve this in the development environment? Can’t I just edit some files in the live environment?

Moved to the bahmni category.

Bahmni 0.93 will have privilege based access to forms (especially Forms 2.0). As of now, there is no configuration element out-of-box. If you are willing to do some development as customization, then it can be done.

Indeed. As I mentioned earlier, I know there is no way to achieve that on the fly. Let me explain specifically what I’m trying to achieve.

I want to hide/disable some forms in the Obs section (see picture) based on the user logged in. So to achieve that, I created a privilege “secondVitals” and changed the extension.json file in the Clinical Apps folder to that. See picture. So I assumed when I won’t assign the privilege to a role, the user won’t be able to open that form, but that didn’t work. What am I doing wrong here?

I know that I have to edit some source code files to hide that button, but do I really have to setup a development environment? Can’t I just edit the html files in the bahmni-web folder? If so, can you tell which files to edit?

Capture