September 2017 Volunteer of the Month: Ivange Larry

OpenMRS is excited to announce Ivange Larry (@ivange94) as the Volunteer of the Month for September :sparkles: :tada:! As a community we are all grateful for Ivange’s efforts as a mentor, helpdesk staff, and a valuable community member. Thank you for all your contributions @ivange94!

This month we decided to conduct a Skype Interview and have posted it as a podcast onto our Spreaker account. (Note: I am planning on buying on new mic to improve my audio quality.)

Link to the podcast: http://www.spreaker.com/user/openmrs/septembers-volunteer-of-the-month-ivange

Transcript: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Lh-EK34szvniDxRkd7lN-PS4RHfQHkpVpW-c6HmoYlM/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks again to Ivange Larry for all his work and for sharing his story with the community!

To cast your vote for the VOM of October 2017, vote here.

9 Likes

I had the chance to listen to this yesterday, and I thought it was awesome.

Ivange, your work for the community is humbling!

Yusuf, thanks for taking the time to make the podcast! It was fantastic, and showed up immediately on my iPhone. :smiley:

3 Likes

@ykarim250 can we have a text version of this, for those who may not have the bandwidth for audio? I have stepped in their shoes and hence have not yet listened to this too. :wink:

4 Likes

Not only the lack of bandwidth but if they’re hard of hearing too…We want to be inclusive!

2 Likes

EEh Congz @ivange94

3 Likes

Congratulations @ivange94 for your contributions, keep the fire burning

2 Likes

Congs @ivange94.

2 Likes

Congratulations @ivange94! You do so much amazing work for the community and I’m so happy you are recognized for that.

@ykarim250 I love the podcast! Thank you so much for adding this element to the VoM - super awesome.

3 Likes

Congratulations @ivange94!

2 Likes

Yup I’ll be soon releasing the transcript of the podcast onto Talk and the website. Thanks for the advice @dkayiwa and @r0bby! :slight_smile:

Thanks, glad you and @paul loved it and looking forward to doing better next podcast :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations @ivange94!

2 Likes

Congratulations @ivange94

2 Likes

Congratulations @ivange94. :smiley:

2 Likes

congratulations @ivange94 .you have really been a great deal to the community

2 Likes

Congratulations @ivange94

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. @ykarim250 thanksk for the transcript. You must have gone through a lot of trouble to do that. A few misunderstandings but no biggie. Just wanted to point this out I’m a very fun person I think I actually said I’m NOT a very fun person :joy:

2 Likes

@ivange94 Haha, thought that was what you said but wasn’t so sure. If you have any other things you’d like to fix, I can give you edit access to the document. Thanks!

1 Like

Congratulations @ivange94! I’ve been so impressed with your hard work and I couldn’t be happier to see you win this award!

2 Likes

Congrats @ivange94, well deserved :slight_smile:

It’s been great knowing and working alongside together for the past couple of years. The ups and downs we’ve been through during the GSoC journey will always be something I cherish. Wish you good luck ahead in your journey!

@ykarim250 Thanks a ton for taking the time to host an audio podcast. Really appreciate the initiative ! We’ve been interacting with the community members via Talk and social mediums for so long but listening to them surely adds another dimension and helps to get to know them better!

2 Likes