Are you an experienced Java developer looking for full-time work in Nairobi? If so, the Banda Health team would love to hear from you! We are looking for highly-qualified Java developers to fill a Senior Developer position with our team. Our main focus is to build tools which will deliver good healthcare in low resource settings. The Banda Health project (formerly OpenHMIS) is creating hospital management features on top of OpenMRS and has already released a number of modules, including Cashier and Inventory systems, an android application to manage inpatient medical services, and simplification of an existing ERP system (iDempiere) to suit our requirements. We are a small team and this position will provide the opportunity to be involved in many different aspects of the project. In short, we are looking for qualified applicants who are smart and get things done.
- 5+ years Java experience
- 5+ years RDBMS experience (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Postgresql etc)
- Experience with Android Development
- Experience with version control systems (especially git)
- Experience with server setup and maintenance (including networking)
- Excellent written communication skills (English)
- Experience with health software a plus
- Design and implementation of new software to support clinical data-gathering and hospital management
- Maintenance of existing software (i.e., bug fixes, additional features)
- Maintenance of existing systems (including servers and networks)
- Gathering of requirements for new features from health-care administrators and other system users
- Communication with key stakeholders, the OpenMRS/iDempiere communities, and professional networking to facilitate collaboration within the health-care software industry
- Mentoring of junior developers
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and will include health insurance and a housing allowance. Note that working remotely is not an option for this position.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should contact Wesley Brown at email@example.com with a brief cover letter and a resume.