Senior Java and OpenMRS Engineer Consultant - The Infectious Diseases Institute IDI

The Academy for Health Innovation at the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI), in Kampala is seeking a full-time engineer to fulfil a number of software engineering needs.

We envisage an initial contract period of 4 months with potential for extension.

The Senior Engineer will be expected to:

• With the team, the OpenMRS community and other technical partners to lead the upgrade of applications currently running on the legacy CFL (a web application based on MOTECH which uses an IVR system to deliver pre-recorded messages to patients) platform to the current CFL 2.0 platform (based on OpenMRS)

• Work with the team, the OpenMRS community and other technical partners to design and build new features for CFL 2.0 platform

• Work with the team, the OpenMRS community and other technical partners to integrate CFL 2.0 with our other applications with a view to creating a robust and user-friendly suite of interoperable tools for use in the healthcare sector in Uganda.

• Software design, development, quality assurance and mentorship duties as outlined in the full job description.

To apply and receive more information regarding this role, interested candidates can submit the following items by email attachment to fmusinguzi@idi.co.ug with the subject line: “Senior OpenMRS Software Engineering Consultant”

• Cover Letter
  • Resume
  • Consultancy Rate
  • Contact Information for three professional references
1 Like

Hi Francis,

If you are still on the lookout for someone I would be happy to help you, as I am an experienced OpenMRS consultant.

You can reach me on andrewjohnson.56782@gmail.com

Cheers and Have a great day ahead,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Please share a recent CV and a little info on the projects you have helped implement. You can send all info to fmusinguzi@idi.co.ug.

Many thanks Francis