Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
United States Boston, Massachusetts
Position Title: Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
Reports to: Associate Director of Information Systems & Analytics
Location: Boston (20% travel to PIH global care delivery sites)
Reporting to the Associate Director of Information Systems & Analytics, the Senior Data Warehouse Engineer is an experienced leader of organizational strategy and implementation of data pipelines and data warehousing, enabling expanded and improved data access and use, data governance, and enhancing PIH teams’ ability to make data-driven decisions.
The Senior Data Warehouse Engineer will partner with clinical, operational, and business teams across the organization to design and develop solutions to support data warehouse and business intelligence initiatives. This work may include developing data architecture, programs and procedures using standard data architecture methods (e.g. star schema and snowflake data models), SQL and ETL development tools, and supporting analytics and report dashboard development. The position requires strong data management, problem-solving, business system, time management and documentation skills.
- Partner with business and data analysts to design, develop and maintain data pipelines, data governance compliance, procedures, and tooling to support local and global data warehousing.
- Gather and identify system requirements through collaboration with clinical, data analysts, information systems, business systems, and other stakeholders across multiple administrative and clinical locations globally.
- Lead the design of data warehouse schemas and data architecture to ensure system scalability, performance, data integrity and ease of use.
- Develop and maintain ETL programs for disparate systems both on premise and in the cloud.
- Participate in designing system data models, data integrations and automated data management solutions.
- Collaborate with technical stakeholders to determine best practices and implementation of non-functional requirements such as exception/error handling, performance optimization and code management.
- Use various SQL tools or scripts to monitor data quality, identify issues and implement solutions.
- Support subject matter experts in their development of reporting and analytics
- Maintain parallel training and documentation activities to help build global data management capacity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Business Intelligence, Data Science, Information Technology
- 5-8 years of Business Intelligence experience with proven data warehousing, data management and analytics skills
- Expertise leading data warehousing strategy and implementation
- Experience with multiple data warehousing tools and technologies (star schema, snowflake data models)
- Experience gathering requirements and understanding the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Advanced proficiency with SQL
- Experience with analytics and programming languages including Python, JAVA, R, and STATA
- Experience with Power BI, Jet Reports desirable
- Proven ability to learn new systems, processes and problem solve
- Data Analytics experience working in low-resource settings
- Advanced Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries
- Cover Letter and Resume required
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.