Google announced season of docs 2020 on March 23. I think it’s a little bit earlier this time.
The goals of Season of Docs are to give technical writers an opportunity to gain experience in contributing to open source projects and to give open-source projects an opportunity to engage the technical writing community.
During the program, technical writers spend a few months working closely with an open-source community. They bring their technical writing expertise to the project’s documentation, and at the same time learn about open source and new technologies.
The open-source projects work with the technical writers to improve the project’s documentation and processes. Together they may choose to build a new documentation set, or redesign the existing docs, or improve and document the open-source community’s contribution procedures and onboarding experience.
Together, we raise public awareness of open source docs, of technical writing, and of how we can work together to the benefit of the global open source community.
For more information: https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/
- Program announcement : March 23, 2020
- Organization applications : April 13, 2020 at 20:00 UTC
- Organizations announced : May 11, 2020 at 12:00 UTC
- Technical writer applications : June 9, 2020 at 18:00 UTC
- Technical writing projects announced : Aug 16, 2020 at 18:00 UTC
- Doc development : September 14, 2020
- Project finalization and evaluation : November 30 - December 5, 2020 at 18:00 UTC
Last year OpenMRS got the highest no of technical writer slots
Last year projects from OpenMRS :-