SDK - Capabilities

@raff @adamg @tmarzeion Excellent work as always on the SDK.

I was just wondering if the following features are available or planned for in the SDK:

1. Running a custom sql script on installation of a module - instead of the default one for Reference application

2. Adding server specific parameters to the server.properties file - port, debugging, forking etc so that they do not have to be specified on the command line. I am dealing with multiple servers with different configurations so would love to get rid of the text file containing the commands

1. On installation of a module or on a server setup? If you mean the latter then you can specify -DdbSql=path/to/dump.sql I don’t quite understand why you would want to do the former?

2. We have a way to specify debug port when setting up a server with -Ddebug=1045 (the wizard asks you about it, if you do not include it) or you can add debug.port=1045 to openmrs-server.properties in your server directory. I see the information about that is missing in SDK docs. We have https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/SDK-199 to address saving the tomcat port. You can create another issue for selecting the fork mode.

Thanks for suggestions!

@raff I would like to run the script on server setup, that way I can build my server with a demo database.

Would this work if I replaced db.sql=classpath\://openmrs-distro.sql with the path to my script? so that a developer never has to remember

Yes, it’s meant to work that way. Moreover when you do openmrs-sdk:build-distro, it will set it up so that the sql is loaded as well when creating a db container :slight_smile:

1 Like

@raff Would this be as easy as me adding a db.sql=classpath://ugandaemr-distro.sql file in the openmrs-distro.proerties

How do I package the SQL file? DO I just copy it to the classes directory of the omod?

Yes.

You have an example of how to package the SQL in RA https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-distro-referenceapplication/tree/master/package/src/main/resources (basically put it in resources of your distro).

Thanks @raff Got you now