Running Bahmni Appointments scheduling on OpenMRS

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fe2e2110220> #<Tag:0x00007fe2e2110130> #<Tag:0x00007fe2e2110018> #<Tag:0x00007fe2e211bee0>

Hello all,

We are working for a client, who is using OpenMRS. They wants to use the Bahmni-Appointments-Module on top of OpenMRS(without the whole bahmni distribution).

We had started working towards this. Here is some information about the steps we have taken. While testing the Bahmni Appointments module on OpenMRS ref app, we found out there are conflicts with existing openmrs appointments scheduling module.

An association from the table patient_appointment_audit refers to an unmapped class: org.openmrs.module.appointments.model.Appointment

As an easy fix, we removed the existing appointment scheduling app. Post this step, OpenMRS is unable to start these three modules:

• Reference Metadata Module
  • Reference Demo Data Module
  • Chart Search Module

We wanted to hear from the broader community about:

• What could be a possible way to mitigate these issues?
  • What are the possible reasons for these modules requiring appointments scheduling module?
  • Will it be possible to replace the openmrs appointments scheduling module with the bahmni appointment scheduling module?

Let us know your thoughts/opinions.

@angshuonline @dkayiwa @mksd @mksrom @rrameshbtech @binduak @snehabagri @jdick

2 Likes

Thanks @mddubey for summarising this.

So we will be able to get rid of Reference Metadata (cc @jsibley, and see also here).

Reference Demo Data can be removed right away, that module is not mandatory at all, as the name suggests.

The main question is: why does Chart Search seems to have such a strong dependency on AS? Cc @k.joseph. (I haven’t looked yet.)

1 Like

what’s that?

Sorry, Appointment Scheduling.

i don’t think chart-search should depend on AS, we probably need to investigate and drop that relationship if its not required but existing

2 Likes

@mddubey did you try remove the requiring of Appointment Scheduling from these modules and see how it goes?

1 Like

Hello @dkayiwa,

No, I have not yet got the chance to do it yet. Surely, that’s one option I can try by cloning them locally remove dependency and try starting. I have not yet got the time to do it, working on other things to get Bahmni Appointment Scheduling on OpenMRS.

Another thing is I am not very sure, why do these modules require AS module so I test those specific features. I am not fully aware of these modules, I ran into this problem because I was using refapp-docker image and that comes with these modules.

I think we can do away with this by simply changing require module to aware of module.

1 Like

@mddubey this is what @dkayiwa has referred to.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @dkayiwa and @mksd for the references. I will give it a try once I am done with my current work in hand.