The OpenMRS team is currently working on Revamping the Technical roadmap. The process began in August with information gathering from different implementing partners and during these next few weeks, we are kicking off the process of conducting a landscape assessment, gathering feature proposals/ improvements. We kindly welcome interested members to submit features proposals/improvements for review and inclusion on the upcoming OpenMRS roadmap.
The OpenMRS Roadmap process will consist of the following steps. As our goal is to involve
Landscape assessment of all implementing partner activities. The object of this activity is to ascertain the following
- Objectives of the implementation
- Which theme does the implementation fall under
- Key components (modules) of the implementation
- Future growth ambitions of the implementation
- Harmonisation of reference and platform activities with implementer ecosystem activities.
- Better position technical activities to meet the needs of the community.
Phase 2 :
- Proposal of product enhancements
- Initial review and prioritization of proposals into a proposed roadmap by the OpenMRS Product architecture team
- Final review and approval of proposed roadmap.
In 2018, we are looking to have a draft roadmap process defined and features agreed by the time the Implementers conference happens.
A draft roadmap process will be shared with the community after the completion of the landscape assessment which should end by October 30.
To submit a proposal, kindly use the attached template and share it with me via one of following methods:
- Reply to this post and attach the document.
- Email the proposal to c.antwi■■■■■■■■■■■■
- Send me a private message on talk and attach the document. My talk id is @Cynthia Antwi
The idea behind this template is to have a standard way of proposing new features/improvements for the OpenMRS product. The template has guiding statements/questions to ensure that adequate and essential information is provided on a feature.
All submitted proposal are tracked using a Trello Board to be created shortly.
This process is open until October 30.
We would prefer if those who wish to make a submission do so as soon as possible as we may decide to close the submission date earlier than scheduled.
We look forward to hearing from you.