Responsiveness & Tablet-based Needs for OpenMRS 3 Project

Hello @vasharma05 @kumuditha ,

My name is Akshat, and I’m interested in participating in Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2023. I’ve been exploring project ideas on the GSoC website, and I’m particularly interested in your project on “Responsiveness & Tablet-based Needs for OpenMRS 3” by OpenMRS.

I’m writing to you to request your guidance on this project and to learn more about your expectations for potential contributors.

There are several ways to increase the responsiveness and tablet-based needs of OpenMRS:

1. Optimize the user interface: we can optimize the user interface of OpenMRS to ensure that it is mobile-friendly and easy to use on a tablet. This can involve adjusting the layout, font size, and button sizes to make it easier to navigate on a smaller screen.
  2. Implement touch-based navigation: You can implement touch-based navigation in OpenMRS, such as swipe gestures and pinch-to-zoom, to make it easier to interact with the system on a tablet.
  3. As shown in the video we can impliment hover feature and toogle button etc.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.